Leos @ Argos / Als @ Esks

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

How will ever find out how good Peterman, Simonise and Washington are if O'Shea keeps trotting Lankford out?

He probably thinks Lankford is better than those options, and although I agree with much of what you say, in this case I think Oshea is partially right.

Cant see peterman or simonise filling the role of deep threat and speed receiver. They are good Canadian options, but still not a marquee deep threat import.

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can Reilly get away with a  skyball like the TD right now to Mitchell? He never even saw him. Nichols does that & it's a 120 yard pick 6.  I guess the old adage that winners find ways to win & losers find ways to lose is true.

He never threw it to Mitchell....he tossed it up high to an open area in the endzone while knowing he was going to get hit,  and Mitchell knew what Reilly was doing and went and got the ball.........if Matt keeps tossing up a few long ones every game our catches will come as well.  It's like playing a lottery, you can't win if you don't play. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

He never threw it to Mitchell....he tossed it up high to an open area in the endzone while knowing he was going to get hit,  and Mitchell knew what Reilly was doing and went and got the ball.........if Matt keeps tossing up a few long ones every game our catches will come as well.  It's like playing a lottery, you can't win if you don't play. 

Having a ticket doesn't mean you'll ever get to spend it.

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

This is very true. Lapo has not included enough deep shots in the gameplan over the last few years, so the chemistry is not quite there. Would really like to see the Bombers continue with some deep shots every game, but with Nichols struggling I am pretty sure Lapo's response will be to cut things down to nothing over 5 yards.

This is what he did with Streveler, which eventually hamstrung him in that Hamilton game.

1 minute ago, TheSource said:

This is very true. Lapo has not included enough deep shots in the gameplan over the last few years, so the chemistry is not quite there. Would really like to see the Bombers continue with some deep shots every game, but with Nichols struggling I am pretty sure Lapo's response will be to cut things down to nothing over 5 yards.

This is what he did with Streveler, which eventually hamstrung him in that Hamilton game.

Funny last I recall fans were saying he called too many of them against Ham.

1 minute ago, TheSource said:

> Too many deep shots resulting in 2-and-outs.
> Not taking enough deep shots to stretch the D.

Pick one?

7 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

> Too many deep shots resulting in 2-and-outs.
> Not taking enough deep shots to stretch the D.

Pick one?

Its a balancing act. The one thing you can see with Lapo and Nichols is that sometimes they get locked in on one thing and dont change things up.

Going deep all game long is bad.

Going short all game long is bad.

They need to mix it up, even when doing so results in a 2 and out every once in a while. That way at least the defence is guessing.

Just now, TheSource said:

Its a balancing act. The one thing you can see with Lapo and Nichols is that sometimes they get locked in on one thing and dont change things up.

Going deep all game long is bad.

Going short all game long is bad.

They need to mix it up, even when doing so results in a 2 and out every once in a while. That way at least the defence is guessing.

No see, that's my point.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

So with how Pipkin has performed tonight I am assuming Montreal will list him as their #3 QB this coming week and start "developing" him ?.....

Pipkin is making that Manziel trade look even worse now.  Personally, I'd say he should be their starter from here on out because he at least showed some poise and even delivered a few great balls behind that horrific OL, at least better so than all those other MTL QBs.  He's got a good release, can scramble and throw on the run a little, and if he had a decent OL, receivers who weren't butterfingers and a play caller who knew what he was doing he'd be a star pretty quickly.  He's got deep ball accuracy too.

10 hours ago, TheSource said:

He probably thinks Lankford is better than those options, and although I agree with much of what you say, in this case I think Oshea is partially right.

Cant see peterman or simonise filling the role of deep threat and speed receiver. They are good Canadian options, but still not a marquee deep threat import.

But they can actually catch a ball that hits them in the hands. Lankford not so much.