3 stars plus hh otta be better then this

wbbfan

1 Darvin adams. He was all over the field, and was missed when open a couple times monster night.

2 Drake nevis. often the dl or both DTs get the nod. because nevis and poop and the entire dl are stellar. But drake the snake deserves the nod to him self.

3 Thompkins. I feel like as a check down guy he is heavily under used. Need a first down? Need to toss a 50/50 ball? This is your man. 

HH odd one, but this goes to weston dressler. Hope he gets better soon. What we lose just by having stankford on the roster is a huge turn down. The effort and leadership of dressler on top of his skill is sorely missed.  

Not a good sign when it appears nobody is commenting in great numbers on that crappy, disappointing effort put in by our club.....Management better take note that when disinterest and disenchantment set in it's a helluva thing to reverse...A lot of Bomber fans with heads down and dejected after that non-appearance by the team....Lot's of questions being asked and the fans better start hearing some good answers

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Not a good sign when it appears nobody is commenting in great numbers on that crappy, disappointing effort put in by our club.....Management better take note that when disinterest and disenchantment set in it's a helluva thing to reverse...A lot of Bomber fans with heads down and dejected after that non-appearance by the team....Lot's of questions being asked and the fans better start hearing some good answers

Yep. This fan base is past the point of being happy to make the play offs each year. Its time to turn the corner as a franchise and do what ever it takes to get that done. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. This fan base is past the point of being happy to make the play offs each year. Its time to turn the corner as a franchise and do what ever it takes to get that done. 

Agreed. DeWayne Casey, former coach of the Raptors, was fired because although the team did well in the regular season, it stalled repeatedly in the playoffs. O'Shea is a good guy but he has had ample time to produce even one playoff win and has not.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. DeWayne Casey, former coach of the Raptors, was fired because although the team did well in the regular season, it stalled repeatedly in the playoffs. O'Shea is a good guy but he has had ample time to produce even one playoff win and has not.

mhm after finishing with the second best record in the league iirc and winning his division. 

I would say right now we are on track for some shaking up of the coaching staff in the off season. I dont think wade/walters n co will settle. I think plop will move on to a HC job and hall will be canned. I dont think mos is gone short of a gigantic implosion but I do think his seat gets warm next year if things dont move forward. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

mhm after finishing with the second best record in the league iirc and winning his division. 

I would say right now we are on track for some shaking up of the coaching staff in the off season. I dont think wade/walters n co will settle. I think plop will move on to a HC job and hall will be canned. I dont think mos is gone short of a gigantic implosion but I do think his seat gets warm next year if things dont move forward. 

Do you not think that if O'Shea cannot see or deal with Hall's horrid defence, he is unfit to be a head coach?

Just now, Tracker said:

Do you not think that if O'Shea cannot see or deal with Hall's horrid defence, he is unfit to be a head coach?

I think it means he is loyal to a fault, i also think he has put a lot of his own stuff in halls scheme, especially in the front 7. I think wade and walters are also loyal types just not as loyal. 

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think it means he is loyal to a fault, i also think he has put a lot of his own stuff in halls scheme, especially in the front 7. I think wade and walters are also loyal types just not as loyal. 

But shouldn't this have happened by now? Something is not right.

Edited by J5V
syntax

19 hours ago, J5V said:

But shouldn't this have happened by now? Something is not right.

I would suspect their action was based on believing they could shape and hone hall into a much better dcor then what was available on the market. Should things have been improved beyond this point by now? Yes. But this coaching staff is always slow with fundamental change. Is that slowness bad? yes. Is it enough to clean the slate? not this off season. Maybe the following year though.

Edit, I would add previous to this year halls half time and in game adjustments were pretty good. This year they have been none existent. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I would suspect their action was based on believing they could shape and hone hall into a much better dcor then what was available on the market. Should things have been improved beyond this point by now? Yes. But this coaching staff is always slow with fundamental change. Is that slowness bad? yes. Is it enough to clean the slate? not this off season. Maybe the following year though.

So six years of futility is not enough to drive major changes but seven is? I do not share your patience (or is it fatalism?).

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

So six years of futility is not enough to drive major changes but seven is? I do not share your patience (or is it fatalism?).

It hasnt been 6 years of futility. We saw consistent increases in performance. From cellar dweller to home play off game and expected grey cup contender. We went from an offense that relied on medlock kicking a record number of FGs to win games to an offense that can roll average 30 points and roll 50+ at any time. We went from no pressure on the QB to one of the better teams at getting to the qb. so on and so forth. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Since Nichols took over 3 years ago only calgary has won more games, how is that 6 years of futility?

Winning more games hasn't equated into playoff wins or GC victories. Then again, neither has Calgary who choked twice. I think 5 seasons is a good body of work to be judged on & it will be 5 complete  seasons once 2018 is over.  The next 9 games & (hopefully) playoffs will be key. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It hasnt been 6 years of futility. We saw consistent increases in performance. From cellar dweller to home play off game and expected grey cup contender. We went from an offense that relied on medlock kicking a record number of FGs to win games to an offense that can roll average 30 points and roll 50+ at any time. We went from no pressure on the QB to one of the better teams at getting to the qb. so on and so forth. 

5 years of rebuilding, zero playoff wins=futility and year six is in doubt

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎19 at 4:10 PM, wbbfan said:

I don't hold with your optimism about Hall. If O'Shea wouldn't fire him last season then he won't this season. I also don't like the way our Canadian receivers are treated on this team. Lankford, an International plays while Petermann, a Canadian sits. Wolitarsky plays & he never gets thrown to. He's shown if given a chance that he too can make plays. He can't when he is ignored.  A great game for him now is 2 catches for 25 yards.  He is of no consequence at all. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't hold with your optimism about Hall. If O'Shea wouldn't fire him last season then he won't this season. I also don't like the way our Canadian receivers are treated on this team. Lankford, an International plays while Petermann, a Canadian sits. Wolitarsky plays & he never gets thrown to. He's shown if given a chance that he too can make plays. He can't when he is ignored.  A great game for him now is 2 catches for 25 yards.  He is of no consequence at all. 

Streveler and Wolitarskey have history.  Streveler threw some to him early this season.  

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Langford was probably open...

19 hours ago, Tracker said:

5 years of rebuilding, zero playoff wins=futility and year six is in doubt

It wasnt 5 years of rebuilding. THIS is his 5th year. We won 23 games the previous two years. Weve improved our divisional seeding every single year.

Yup we havent won a play off game. Things need to improve. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Thats not optimism for me, that is just how i think it will play out based on our management style. 

I agree. Id take All three young NI wrs over stankford any day. Returning or playing WR. I dont like how wolitarsky sees soo little useage with out streveler, and same goes for the other two. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

History shouldn't matter. Did Nichols have a history with Darvin Adams before?

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Just restating what the TSN guys have said.......plus I was wondering if Nichols even considers Wolitarskey a target.

Some guys have instant chemistry. Other times, you have a guy like darvin who is hands down our best deep threat. Which naturally creates chemistry. Wolitarsky and streveler had it for sure. Wolitarsky has shown he can play. Our offense has to do a better job of getting him involved. Especially with dressler out. 

You can have previous experience and no chemistry after. Weve seen that with nichols and the ex mo wr we brought in last year. 

5 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Just restating what the TSN guys have said.......plus I was wondering if Nichols even considers Wolitarskey a target.

New qb comes to the Bombers. Never played with any of the receivers. What's he do because he has no chemistry with anyone.  Not throw the ball? Chemistry is okay but it's not that big of a deal.  Chemistry develops the longer a qb practices & plays with his receivers.  By now, Nichols knows what Wolitarsky can do.