That was painful...

DougR

13 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

One loss and people are talking cross over? Holy over-reaction Batman. 

We still look like the #3 team in the West to me.

If our D had played better I'd agree with you but we've had a big enough sampling of games this season to be concerned. If we were 7-0 and laid a stinker it might be forgivable but the manner in which we lost, the poor coaching (roster decisions, challenges, lack of adjustments), awful defensive play (just looking generally lost out there), turnovers, and poor play all season from our QB is troubling. We're not trending well in key areas and that is something you definitely want to see by the midpoint of the season. It's been a Jekyll and Hyde season so far. Where is the consistency born of solid management and coaching? 

15 hours ago, Tracker said:

The game was a perfect shitstorm. The coaches, offence and defence all had massive brain cramps. Special teams were respectable but that's all.

Even Special Teams wasn't great though.  How many of Medlock's punts were between the hash marks?  Good solid punting involves keeping it between the hash marks and sidelines.  For the most part the kick cover teams did a decent job, but even they had some misses towards the end.

Not exactly sure we are 3rd in the West. I know many on this site do not like to recognize Sask but we should be aware of them nonetheless. I think the true picture will surface after both the labour day classic and Banjo bowl. Once that series is over, 3 games from now you will see where we are. Should we split with them and lose to Cal, which seems likely at our current performance level, then we should be looking at a crossover birth not second or third. I sure hope I am wrong but our performance against winning teams has been.....losing plain and simple.