Game Day Thread- Week Ten: Ottawa ALLCAPS @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers August 17, 2018

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

This team is desperate for another playmaker at receiver and that’s been our Achilles heel for years. Once Darvin or Dressler goes down our entire O falls apart as we only have two threats. 

I don’t know how we can’t recruit a decent receiver, but if any former cflers come loose on NFL cutdown day we need to throw a pile of cash at them. 

Oh, and if I ever see Lankford take the field for this team again I’ll cry. I feel like I’m beating a dead horse, but he’s completely useless. 

I think this is also a flaw in Lapo's system.

He does not use all his receivers as well as he should and his system lacks the ability to challenge other defenses vertically.

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What a poor example. A guy who walked away on his own and is now where? Greeting people at Walmart? 

Thank you for correcting me. You're right. Lankford is WAYYY better. 

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

Thank you for correcting me. You're right. Lankford is WAYYY better. 

Your point is irrelevant tho. Thorpe left.. He walked out and now he's gone from the league. Ricky Collins is a better example. Not some guy who couldn't sit and wait for a week or 2. Guess what if he waited he'd have played and might still be in the league.. The guy did sweet eff all elsewhere.. So really don't think hes a good example at all. He wasn't cut.. He walked out. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Your point is irrelevant tho. Thorpe left.. He walked out and now he's gone from the league. Ricky Collins is a better example. Not some guy who couldn't sit and wait for a week or 2. 

Do you seriously believe that a guy like Thorpe couldn't have helped this team? Thorpe played some excellent ball for us when given a chance. So has Petermann. Their reward? Sit while we play Lankford, a guy who has flopped again and again. Yeah, I'd take a look at those coaching decisions and walk too.

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Do you seriously believe that a guy like Thorpe couldn't have helped this team? Thorpe played some excellent ball for us when given a chance. So has Petermann. Their reward? Sit while we play Lankford, a guy who has flopped again and again. Yeah, I'd take a look at those coaching decisions and walk too.

He walked out so its irrelevant. 

Petermann played last night. He deserves more opportunity

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh now Rod "Fanboy" Pederson is chiming in saying Nichols needs to "toughen up" about getting booed. Saying when it happened to the great Getzlaf he replied "i deserved it"

He does need to toughen up. If a guy cant deal with fans booing then he's pretty soft. I like the pretending tho on twitter that we are the first team to boo the QB tho. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh now Rod "Fanboy" Pederson is chiming in saying Nichols needs to "toughen up" about getting booed. Saying when it happened to the great Getzlaf he replied "i deserved it"

Nichols took a hit early and got knocked on his back.....you could clearly see that he did not enjoy it one bit and it took his breath away a bit.... .i was saying then he needs to toughen up and not play like he is looking scared. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He walked out so its irrelevant.

Thank you again. I didn't know it was okay to let players with superior talent and ability sit on the bench while inferior players play and help us lose. This is obviously a strategy that only you and our coaches have the wisdom to understand.

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

Thank you again. I didn't know it was okay to let players with superior talent and ability sit on the bench while inferior players play and help us lose. This is obviously a strategy that only you and our coaches have the wisdom to understand.

You are going on about a guy who walked out roughly 1 year ago. Im sorry that your point is irrelevant today. Thorpe makes zero difference last night. I mean do you have a flux capicator so we can go back in time 8 months to when this was relevant

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Both Demski and Petermann had great games last week, their reward was to be completely ignored in this one.  On a positive note it was good to see Wolitarsky get more balls, he may not be highly talented but he's a scrapper.

I think Wolitarsky ceiling is pretty high actually...

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Thorpe makes zero difference last night.

I get your point. Thorpe walked because he was left on the bench. Fast forward to today. So how is the strategy of leaving better players sitting on the bench working out for us now?

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He can count on one hand the number of times the Riders have been booed at home...  what a load of crap - I remember the lean years and everyone didn't just sit there and clap nicely... not that there was actually anyone in the stands anyway...

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He is 100% right.

Nichols is not in the same class as Reilly, Mitchell, Lulay, or Harris and has not earned the right to be free of criticism.

Boos should be the least of his worries. If he were working for a serious coach and organization he would be worried about his job, but of course this is OShea and the Bombers, so no matter how badly he performs the job will be his alone for at least the next 2 seasons.