Game Day Thread- Week Ten: Ottawa ALLCAPS @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers August 17, 2018

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Oh now Rod "Fanboy" Pederson is chiming in saying Nichols needs to "toughen up" about getting booed. Saying when it happened to the great Getzlaf he replied "i deserved it"

Ron Lancaster - the VERY last game he ever played in Regina - was booed off the field. The next game in Edmonton (his last), he was given a standing ovation by enemy fans.

So sorry, no Rider fans should ever be lecturing anyone about the rights or wrongs of booing your own team.

Personally, I don't do it. I love my team. But people have a right to do it and it often shows their passion. It would be worse if they didn't show up.

But I do agree, as a player, one needs to be careful about what you say. You don't want to get on the wrong side of fans - hard to right that ship.

Edited by blueingreenland

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Ron Lancaster - the VERY last game he ever played in Regina - was booed off the field. The next game in Edmonton (his last), he was given a standing ovation by enemy fans.

So sorry, no Rider fans should ever be lecturing anyone about the rights or wrongs of booing your own team.

Personally, I don't do it. I love my team. But people have a right to do it and it often shows their passion. It would be worse if they didn't show up.

But I do agree, as a player, one needs to be careful about what you say. You don't want to get on the wrong side of fans - hard to right that ship.

The problem is that there is no way for the fans to vent at coaching decisions without having some that scorn falling onto the players. Booing is a pretty broad brush that gets poop on everyone involved, and sometimes that is richly deserved. Fans deserve the right to criticize they team that they are financially supporting. When they do not care enough to get angry, that is the time to worry. I hope that we do not get to the grim resignation stage.