UPDATE from an American Bomber's Fan

DougR

Greetings from the High Desert of New Mexico, USA!

HOW ABOUT THOSE BOMBERS?  They almost gave me a heart attack last Friday night after giving me the impression the game was under control at half time.  However, a win is a win.  And we have a huge game this week.  I haven't seen the odds of a Bomber's victory yet.  Are they favored and by how much?

On a funny note, I was at my local American Legion Post Saturday night for Karaoke and they had an NFL preseason game on the TV.  A friend asked who I was rooting for this year and I said the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  He got this puzzled look on his face because he had never heard of the team or a city called Winnipeg.  I know, I know.  The things I have to put up with down here with these Americans.  You Canadians have it so easy above the border (ha ha).  Anyway, I think I need to go online and order a Bomber's shirt to wear around my small town and to Karaoke.  Of course, with the crowd I hang out with, they'll ask me to sing "I'm a Lumberjack" again. 

I am doing some additional homework to make sure I completely understand your posts.  You know....offence vs offense, favourite vs favorite, etc etc.  Is there a translator online from Canadian to American?  (ha ha)  Yes, I feel as if I better put the (ha ha) in just to make sure there are no misunderstandings.  I am joking.  Please feel free to give me a hard time as well.  I have a very thick skin and I doubt you will hurt my feelings.

I am also watching some old videos to become more accustomed with my new team, my new league and my new Canadian friends on this forum.  I think I found the perfect videos online....see below.

Well, I have run, eh.  I will keep my fingers crossed for our Bombers.  I have a good feeling this week about a victory but, honestly what the BLEEP do I know being this far south?   After all, I am closer to the Mexican border than I am to the Canadian (only 244 miles to Juarez....the "fun" city of Mexico, right?) (ha ha).

GO BOMBERS!!!!

15 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Well at least you don't cheer for Suckskatchewan!  Welcome.

Make sure you try some poutine hey!

You got that right!  I would rather be a hoser than a Suck-skatcha-wan RR fan.  By the way, I looked up poutine and it looks interesting.  I would try it.

So, in return, you need to try a quintessential dish from my state of New Mexico. 

Red Enchiladas - Corn tortillas dipped in red chile sauce, sprinkled with chopped onion and grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.  The enchiladas are served pancake style.  I prefer the red chile con carne  and one egg on top.  Of course served with refried beans and rice on the side.  The La Posta de Mesilla restaurant serves the best in my state: https://www.laposta-de-mesilla.com/

41 minutes ago, DougR said:

You got that right!  I would rather be a hoser than a Suck-skatcha-wan RR fan.  By the way, I looked up poutine and it looks interesting.  I would try it.

So, in return, you need to try a quintessential dish from my state of New Mexico. 

Red Enchiladas - Corn tortillas dipped in red chile sauce, sprinkled with chopped onion and grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.  The enchiladas are served pancake style.  I prefer the red chile con carne  and one egg on top.  Of course served with refried beans and rice on the side.  The La Posta de Mesilla restaurant serves the best in my state: https://www.laposta-de-mesilla.com/

If you are ever in Albuquerque give my regards to this guy:

Q&A – Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman)

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If you are ever in Albuquerque give my regards to this guy:

Q&A – Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman)

I love it.  Yes, I live 35 miles south of ABQ (as we locals call it or the Duke City).  I was born there.  We love Saul and Walter White.

A little trivia, the little town I live in today (Belen), has had a lot of movies filmed in and around the area.  I worked for a day as an extra on The Last Stand.  This clip was filmed in downtown Belen (Pardon the Language): 

10 hours ago, DougR said:

Greetings from the High Desert of New Mexico, USA!

I think I need to go online and order a Bomber's shirt to wear around my small town and to Karaoke.  Of course, with the crowd I hang out with, they'll ask me to sing "I'm a Lumberjack" 

Can you buy me a Bomber jersey? I only have pesos & it's driving me loonie. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can you buy me a Bomber jersey? I only have pesos & it's driving me loonie. 

It's New Mexico.  Of course I can "acquire" a jersey by all sorts of means.  Actually paying for it with real American credit or cash.  Or print off some money with that machine in my garage.  I can trade farm animals for it.  I can steal it.  Again, I'm a New Mexican.  We're different than the rest of the Americans. Plus I'm from Albuquerque.  Here's a video that helps... 

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Young grasshopper you will soon learn that no CFL game is ever under control.

A few years ago the slogan for the league was "No lead is safe", which is very true in the CFL... the number of games that go right down to the wire is surprisingly high, even when it looks like one team is running away with it.

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Welcome aboard! Just curious of the reason your following the Big Blue? 🙂

I am tired of the MFL......used to be the NFL.  You know, the Millennial Football League with overpaid American children who are throwing temper tantrums and using the game to advance their insane political views not to play the actual game of football?

I have known about the Bombers for a while and decided to bite the bullet and start watching.  The team, the history, the fans.... this team fits me perfectly.  I am done with American sports and will only be following the CFL.  

As I am learning (ha ha) when you find the right group of hosers that fits you perfectly, you know you're home.  I am home.  I hope to come up North one day and see a game in person.  I am not sure if it is going to be this year.  I would LOVE to come up for the Grey Cup since the Bombers will be playing in it this year, right?

6 minutes ago, Sard said:

A few years ago the slogan for the league was "No lead is safe", which is very true in the CFL... the number of games that go right down to the wire is surprisingly high, even when it looks like one team is running away with it.

I was having New England Patriot anxiety.  The kind you get when you hate that darn team and no team seems to be able to hold a lead against them.....EXCEPT for the Eagles who almost blew it.