As a competing fan. You can see greatness coming

3rd & 1

I enjoy talking to fans from across the league. After 3 Down Nation took down their comment section a week ago. I came here as well as going to Calgary and the EE site. Just to talk some football.  It gets boring only conversing with fans from your own Province.

I do respect what the Bombers have done so far this season. However I erased my original comment.

Why? Some of the Bomber fans here see CFL Football as something more than it is. For some reason these individuals do not see the CFL as entertainment. They don’t see the match ups as games. It’s strange why there is so much anger and even hate. 

So to those who did talk only football to me. Thank you. For those who think other fans can not come on here and be sincere. Just know that some of us realize we are discussing grown men playing a game to entertain. 

Edited by 3RD AND 1
Level headed competing fans are not welcomed by some of the Bombers fans.

A lot of the ST play has to be given full credit to Boudreau...and a lot of the south of the border mimicking comes from his daddy's input I would bet as he was the creator of it down south..Oshea has surrounded himself with a real good coaching cast....thats key...and real good team players...all init together and not for personal glory...you see it on the filed and you see it when a good play is made...not all kinds of elaborate stupid celebrations...a lot of times it's just minimum and running up to great and high five fans is great...keeps the fans engaged and you see what it di on the last Hamilton drive...these guys all celebrate together...not as individuals.

Agreed on Bighill...he is basically the only real "new" piece from last year, and well...proof is in the pudding..the last 5 games now we have given up an average of only 19.2 points per game...I think this is a trend more than a blip.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The riders still suck and you should feel bad cheering for them.

You can tell when you are disscussing a football topic with adults. As well as the juvenile. You know the kind. They don’t have anything of consiquence to add. So they would rather call names. The type of fan that brings a bad name to their fan group. 

When a person grows up they understand how much more they can learn by being respectful. 

I just finished complimenting the Winnipeg Bluebombers. Who by the way haven’t won anything at this point. I wrote in a respectful manner. Your reply to this discussion that started with respect and a compliment is to name call. 

I sure hope other Bomber don’t reply in this manner. In fact I hope they speak up for what is right.

Just now, 3RD AND 1 said:

You can tell when you are disscussing a football topic with adults. As well as the juvenile. You know the kind. They don’t have anything of consiquence to add. So they would rather call names. The type of fan that brings a bad name to their fan group. 

When a person grows up they understand how much more they can learn by being respectful. 

I just finished complimenting the Winnipeg Bluebombers. Who by the way haven’t won anything at this point. I wrote in a respectful manner. Your reply to this discussion that started with respect and a compliment is to name call. 

I sure hope other Bomber don’t reply in this manner. In fact I hope they speak up for what is right.

Thanks for the votes of confidence. That said, the true tests for us are really coming up. 

We need to beat CGY, beat, EDM, beat SSK. If we don't and poop the bed I won't be saying much about us being so hot....

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

@3RD AND 1 - you're right we love to talk football... but it also love to bash our green neighbors... especially when your down. 

I don't bash the Riders as much when they are down, but of course I remember the 1980's when bashing the Riders was like picking on a person in a coma.  I am enjoying the circus going on there right now though.  

25 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

You're a rider fan, you're trash and I don't understand the need some of you have to come and spew this BS phony nicey nice crap. You're all cockroaches, no one likes you, go away. 

The once hog tied DC has been given the weapons needed to play his defence. I no longer hear the Bomber fans crying for his head. Which is great! As Richie Hall is a very good DC. Honestly he is. Winnipeg was ready to toss O’Shea out the door. Once he was able to get his soldiers and removed his loyalty to a career back up QB. All of a sudden he was a keeper. I watched Richie Halls schemes very closely for many years when he was the DC in SK. When Richie is given the right horses he can make it work real well. When it’s falling apart I can honestly say it’s usually due to a lack of talent.

Hogtied... Please. He's had weapons on his defense for a while now (try going back to 2016) and while the addition of Bighill has been absolutely massive, Hall's system is still questionable at times and his ability to make adjustments also leaves something to be desired at times. He's a pretty decent to good DC whose system thrives when it has the right personnel. But so does any other system, so that's a moot point.

And no, Winnipeg wasn't ready to toss O'Shea. His first two seasons were rough but that was to be expected and anyone expecting a quick fix from the smouldering rubble left behind was kidding themselves. And that loyalty to Willy nonsense is just... well, nonsense.

When any team struggles it's more often than not due to a lack of talent, especially a lack of talent at key positions. Any flatbilly should be able to appreciate that.

52 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

with a suspicion that's it's all just an attempted pre-Labour Day jinx. I hope it's the former. 

No it's the realization that the Riders have been a tire fire this whole time and is running away from the **** show that's going on on the rider forums by trying to ingratiate himself here. No dice, you believed in the Jones **** show, you live with the fall out on your own forum. 

My optimism stems..... from stepping back a bit and just looking at the overall picture...... 

The club is run far more professionally,  Miller may not be a cuddly sort, but I see some big differences, in terms of communication, game experience, et al.....and he lets the GM, GM.
We have a GM who really understands the CFL, in terms of drafting and adding Canadian depth whenever possible, has also added legit quarterbacks, and beefed up the scouting department, incrementally.
We have a coach that most players really want to play for....who conducts himself in an evenhanded adult manner, and expects the same from players.   We are attracting the right kind of people, overall.
We have a dedicated all-Canadian management group - guys who eat, drink, and sleep CFL football, and want success in this league more than anything. 

Bottom line: 

For the first time in ions, we have real stability moving forward.  Winnipeg has now become a place, where players want to come.   A strong culture is being constructed here - doing the right things on and off the field - featuring a complete lack of.... or tolerance of...twitter fiends, clubhouse malcontents, me-me attitudes and undisciplined actions on the field. 

When you add the points 3rd and 1 made about coaching and player leadership......a pretty bright picture ahead.

Agreed...and even tho I can't stand Rod penison and what he has to say...and his totaly Pro-Rider drivel and anti-Bomber B.S....I do have to agree with what he said and that the word around the league is that Winnipeg is a destination that players want to go to based on how they are treated here by management and by the enjoyment the players have playing for each other..all the hard work and ups and downs in what Walter's and Oshea have been trying to established has grown roots now and the benefits are being reeped

1 hour ago, Bomberfan85 said:

It is funny, isn't it? Personally, my feelings are a mix of "Man, what a nice, optimistic take on the team I love. I hope it's correct!" combined with a suspicion that's it's all just an attempted pre-Labour Day jinx. I hope it's the former. 

She only wants to talk about football if the topic somehow somewhere in the post includes or references the SK squad. It’s disingenuous. 

Edited by Rod Black

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Come on 17285, show some class.

Man I don’t understand some people. Insecurity causes anger.

Why do you come throwing daggers like that. It’s a friggen football game which is strictly entertainment. it’s suppose to be fun. You sound like blue and gold are your gang colours. Listen up Im here to talk football  nothing else . I’m not here being nicety nice as you put it. Im impressed with the Bombers so far this year. But like anything else  it can change  

Why is it so hard for people to stay on topic. 

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd say Sask...at least it looks like Montreal is actually improving..Sask seems to be regressing

Why would you say that? Did you not watch the Riders go into Edmonton and take the game right to the wire? Or when they went into Hamilton and beat them very convincingly. 

Now that Collaros is back they should do just fine. Bridge is a back up QB. 

5 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Man I don’t understand some people. Insecurity causes anger.

Why do you come throwing daggers like that. It’s a friggen football game which is strictly entertainment. it’s suppose to be fun. You sound like blue and gold are your gang colours. Listen up Im here to talk football  nothing else . I’m not here being nicety nice as you put it. Im impressed with the Bombers so far this year. But like anything else  it can change  

Why is it so hard for people to stay on topic.