Blue Bomber Photos

SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

39968876_292533861530859_2602542528297172992_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-2.cdninstagram.com

Halfback Mack Herron running behind Offensive Guard Larry Slagle during the 1972 CFL season in a game in Calgary. Herron at 5'5 could literally disappear from the view of defenders charging into the LOS. However, don't let his diminutive size fool you.  At 185 lbs he had legs that looked like tree trunks & was surprisingly powerful. With a low center of gravity he was difficult to bring down. In 1972, he was the leading rusher in the CFL with 1,527 yards & 11 touchdowns.  He was runner up to Hamilton's Garney Henley for the CFL Most Outstanding Player. 

A prime example of stupidity can destroy even those with great talent. My sister-in-law who was 16 at the time, met him on the street in downtown Winnipeg and asked him for his autograph. He responded in the crudest of sexual terms. A real jackhole.

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A prime example of stupidity can destroy even those with great talent. My sister-in-law who was 16 at the time, met him on the street in downtown Winnipeg and asked him for his autograph. He responded in the crudest of sexual terms. A real jackhole.

Interesting. Mack Herron was really nice to me the couple of times I met him. I was just a high school football player asking a bunch of dumb questions, so he could have just ignored me.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Recently watching some a NFL film and they had a segment on Mac Herron when he was with the Patriots. He was just this tiny guy compared to the rest of the players.

To quote Leo Cahill: "He was so short that he would have to stand on two bricks to kick a duck in the ass"

Edited by Tracker

On 2019-01-16 at 12:22 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Image may contain: 1 person

Cactus Jack Wells interviews halfback Billy Joe Crystal at practice in 1963. 

He did so well and went on to have a successful career in comedy. 

Ffs, someone was going to say it. 

Edited by Rod Black

ChrisVargas-624x800.jpg

Quarterback Chris Vargas dressed for 23 games as a Bomber in 1997-98. His career Bomber stats are 415 pass attempts & 213 completions for 2,798 yards & 16 touchdowns with a completion percentage of 51.8% & 22 interceptions. His best year was 1997 when he threw for 2,618 yards & 15 touchdowns. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2019-01-26 at 3:11 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

ChrisVargas-624x800.jpg

Quarterback Chris Vargas dressed for 23 games as a Bomber in 1997-98. His career Bomber stats are 415 pass attempts & 213 completions for 2,798 yards & 16 touchdowns with a completion percentage of 51.8% & 22 interceptions. His best year was 1997 when he threw for 2,618 yards & 15 touchdowns. 

I liked Chris Vargas. Just about clocked me cold when we collided in the backfield in the 97 camp. It was an inside run feed and I went outside. I still remember the play: 44 Woody. iA7QtRk.jpg

• 4 months later...