Blue Bomber Photos

SpeedFlex27

On 2018-08-17 at 2:20 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Former Blue Bombers Wide Receiver James Murphy. He played 9 seasons with the Big Blue from 1982 -90.  As a receiver he caught 573 passes for 9,036 yards with a 15.8 yard average & scored 61 touchdowns.  He returned 11 punts for 171 yards with a 15.5 yard average. Murphy's lone touchdown as a punt returner went for 64 yards. He also returned 40 kickoffs for 921 yards with a 23.0 yard average but no touchdowns.  Murphy was a CFL Western Division All Star in 1986 & a CFL Eastern Division All Star in 1987, 88 & 89 as well as an All Canadian in 1988. He won three Grey Cups as a Blue Bomber in 1984, 88 & 90. Murphy was elected to the Canadian Football Hall Of Fame in 2000. 

Wow, this is a great highlight reel -- brings back a lot of great memories from my first five years as a bomber fan.  Thanks for posting it

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎20 at 6:52 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Blue Bomber Offensive Tackle Bill Frank. He played for the Bombers from 1969-74. A multiple CFL All Star & All Canadian, he protected the blind side of qbs Wally Gabler, Benji Dial, Don Jonas, Ron Johnson, Chuck Ealey & Dieter Brock. Just a personal observation as I saw both players in action but he & Chris Walby are the two greatest left tackles to ever put on a Bomber jersey. 

Bill Frank 1971 O-Pee-Chee CFL football cardImage result for bill frank blue bombers

Probably just a typo, but Walby played right tackle for most of his career.

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

1957 Grey Cup - Buddy Tinsley (WPG) & Steve Oneschuk (HAM)

Buddy Tinsley (left) & Hamilton's Steve Oneschuk shake hands just prior to kickoff of the 1957 Grey Cup at Varsity Stadium in Toronto.  The Head Referee is Paul Dojack. Just look at Tinsley's pants. Very interesting. 

Wow Toronto couldn't sellout a grey cup even way back in 57' .......

On 2018-09-20 at 5:52 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Blue Bomber Offensive Tackle Bill Frank. He played for the Bombers from 1969-74. A multiple CFL All Star & All Canadian, he protected the blind side of qbs Wally Gabler, Benji Dial, Don Jonas, Ron Johnson, Chuck Ealey & Dieter Brock. Just a personal observation as I saw both players in action but he & Chris Walby are the two greatest left tackles to ever put on a Bomber jersey. 

Bill Frank 1971 O-Pee-Chee CFL football cardImage result for bill frank blue bombers

I met Bill Frank when I was a teenager (many many years ago).   He lived on Scotia St and my family lived on Smithfield Ave in West K.  

I think he worked at one of the marine dealerships in Winnipeg as he always had the best boat on the river.  My best friend lived a few doors down from him and we always hung out on the river.  Bill came by one day and gave us a ride on his boat.  That thing was  fast and he created a wake that probably took out a few of the old docks along the river.  

I also went to school with his son. I think it was Edmund Partridge  but for the life of me I can't remember his son's name.  

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎05 at 7:34 AM, MC said:

Probably just a typo, but Walby played right tackle for most of his career.

No, that was my mistake. I knew he played RT but for some reason I forgot. Now let me say without a shadow of a doubt that Bill Frank was the best Blue Bomber Left Tackle of all time.  Thanks for picking up that slip. He was a monster among men in the era when he played at 6'7 & 280 lbs.  Most offensive tackles in the 60's & early 70's were 6'1 - 6'4 & 240 - 250 lbs.

Edited by SpeedFlex27