Blue Bomber Photos

SpeedFlex27

23 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Many moons ago I found volumes of them at McMaster library. Stopped publishing around 1974 I think.

Recall an issue with talk of a domed stadium for EDM football and hockey and MTL people talking about soon to come Olympic Stadium hosting expansion NFL team in terms of when not if .

There's artwork for every  CFL Magazine.

4 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Thanks!

Zuger was a little before my time. Reputation is still intact here. Went to high school with his daughter. 

Joe Zuger doesn't get the props he deserves. He played qb & defensive back when he wasn't playing qb. He quarterbacked the Ti  Cats to GC victories in 1965 &  67. Backed up Bernie Faloney in the 1962, 63 & 64 GC games.

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Joe Zuger doesn't get the props he deserves. He played qb & defensive back when he wasn't playing qb. He quarterbacked the Ti  Cats to GC victories in 1965 &  67. Backed up Bernie Faloney in the 1962, 63 & 64 GC games.

Punted too. Basically walked into Sazio's office. I'm a QB play me or trade me.

Went to Faloneys testimonial dinner in 1999. He was already diagnosed with terminal cancer so no one expected him to be there.

At the end one his sons was presumably giving last speech of the night. His other son then wheels him out from off stage. His appearance was absolutely shocking.  Place was utterly silent.  He spoke a few words. Died about two mos later.

I was 20 something and didn't give a monkeys rear end about much but that stayed with me

Edited by Zontar

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

1940s-Osborne-Stadium-Home-of-Winnipeg-Blue-Bombers.jpg

Osborne Stadium with night lights circa 1951.

Wikipedia says Osborne Stadium had a capacity of 7,800.   Doesn't look like it would even be that high with those stands.   Up close and intimate to watch a game though.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Wikipedia says Osborne Stadium had a capacity of 7,800.   Doesn't look like it would even be that high with those stands.   Up close and intimate to watch a game though.

Look how small the end zones are. Barely 10 yards. I read somewhere that on one side of the field the fence was so close to the field that teams lined up in the end zone to kick converts.  Only on one side though.  As far as capacity goes,  Osborne Stadium had grandstands on both sides of the field right to the back of the end zones.

Stadium%2BMHS%2BPCI%2BCollection%2Btashiro_y9.jpg

Edited by SpeedFlex27