Week 10: Ottawa Here Friday - - O vs D

BigBlue

13 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Your memory is short, 50 kick off returns last season, 1,223 total yds, 24.5 yd. avg.  Please elaborate on the countless fumbles he's given up in the two years he's been with the team.

Oh I don't know, how about the one fumble in the one he's actually played this?

Lankford is terrible. He has nothing going for him except straight line speed. 

It is possible that the Bombers could start an additional NI receiver and use Lankford as a DI.  Then one of their usual DI's could play whenever needed.  Maybe an extra DB.

I don't think it is likely, but it is possible.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah he doesnt fumble in season opener.. we likely won..he also fumbled 2 last year I believe as well..not to mention the drops and balls he gave up on..one of which resulted in a pick

Here are his K.O. return stats. from the opener.   

4 133 33.2 60 0

You wanna pin the loss on him?  Funny, I thought it was all on Richie Hall....

But isn’t every fumble crucial? It was a great return notwithstanding. It’s unfortunate about that fumble, it might have lead to at least 3 points..or not. 

The staff must see something in Lankford and he draws in over Washington..for some reason. We’re at the point where we must trust the Bombers’ staff for including certain players in their game plans. 

As long as we keep doing well and win, what do I really care?

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

But isn’t every fumble crucial? It was a great return notwithstanding. It’s unfortunate about that fumble, it might have lead to at least 3 points..or not. 

The staff must see something in Lankford and he draws in over Washington..for some reason. We’re at the point where we must trust the Bombers’ staff for including certain players in their game plans. 

No coaching staff is correct all the time.

At the end of the day, this is very true.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Here are his K.O. return stats. from the opener.   

4 133 33.2 60 0

You wanna pin the loss on him?  Funny, I thought it was all on Richie Hall....

his fumble took sure points off the board..fg at worst...and could have changed the complexion of the game...one game of stats means jack crap...Thigpen had a 80 yard scamper in one game..his sole run...so I guess he is the ultra supreme RB with that wicked average...no?

52 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Like the insistence of running out Hurl..Kuale..Carmicheal..Willy...sometimes heart and feelings get in the way of whats best..

I'm not sure if I can slot Lankford in with the rest of those guys. They were regular every down players. What they displayed showed us their abilities??. or lack of. 

I’m just not as afraid to use Lankford, in his capacity, just yet. I need to see more of him and from him. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t. 

Lankford is the new whipping boy. Doubt he does any returns.. Fogg has done well there. Im not even sure how many reps he gets as starter.. Might split with Petermann or Simonise. 

I guess he showed in practice that hes ready to go and is our next best option.. Gotta keep in mind the plan was Dressler Adams Bowman as International receivers... 2 of those aren't playing tomorrow.. Lankford is depth... Hes actually behind Thompkins on the depth chart when everyone is healthy and if Bowman was still here. 

In hockey terms hes our 8th D man... 

I'd like to see someone else in his place but... Our O coaches seem to like him for tomorrow. 

Since they are the pros and we are truly all Joes... Lankford is up. 

Bottom line certain players tend to get this label from time to time as bombers.. 

Basically 1 guy says 1 thing about him and the rest of the sheep agree. 

Guess Lankford gets his shot again tomorrow... How much of a shot remains to be seen. I'd imagine if he craps the bed... Hes out next game but i mean if we are looking to Lankford to come in and put up numbers and TDs to win... We are ******. 

This O revolves mainly around Harris Demski and Adams. These are our true playmakers out there. Nichols Fav targets. 

Really all Lankford has to do is dont **** up. 

Edited by Goalie

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

No catches and a crucial fumble after his 60 yard return.

As others have said, that fumble in the EDM game was a killer... however every player fumbles sometimes - it happens. That's not what bothered me about that play... what bothered me was he kept the ball in his inside hand whilst making that return, that is what made it inexcusable. It's a huge mental error, and as a regular kickoff returner (or former regular kickoff returner), he knows better.