Duron Carter Kicked Off The Farm

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Bombers are already an elite team troll.

ehh depends on how you define it. Right now id say calgary is the only elite team. And even they have an asterisk. 

I would put us, ottawa and edmonton in the second tier as contenders. Id personally have us at the top of that pile. We play like an elite team every other game, then we surge and coast in the follow up. We dont have the consistent dominance to be elite yet. 

Would duron carter make us soo much better that itd be note worth? no. Im a big believe in the guys talents. No can can deny he is an excellent player. But we are stacked at wr this year. We have more guys then we have ability to use. Kenbrell thompkins in edmonton would be top 5 in every category imo. 

Duron is a better player then adams and dressler. But his negative in terms of head case and chemistry is far too large. We dont have a need at wr right now. I wouldnt take any of our wrs off the roster right now. 

I could see BC, and montreal being interested. Maybe hamilton. But I think the most likely one in TO. 

I'm betting on Carter going to either Toronto or Montreal, with Toronto having a clean slate with Carter. In Montreal, there are still players there who probably still have a bad taste in their mouths from the last go-round. I cannot see Wally tolerating Carter and the receivers there are pretty good anyways. Hamilton? Who really knows?

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Feel sorry for Carter.....as he obviously had no idea in the world.....why Jones would electronically send him his dismissal.

Carter is the author of his own misfortune, but this does not excuse Jones in any way. The Riders had to know who they were hiring, so I have little sympathy for management there. After the debacle that Jones has been, there is enough blame to go around for all.

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I'm betting on Carter going to either Toronto or Montreal, with Toronto having a clean slate with Carter. In Montreal, there are still players there who probably still have a bad taste in their mouths from the last go-round. I cannot see Wally tolerating Carter and the receivers there are pretty good anyways. Hamilton? Who really knows?

I wouldn't say it's an entirely clean slate in Toronto.  Popp was the GM who cut him in Montreal for his sh**ty behaviour.  He's desperate to turn around the Argos season though so he might take the risk.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Carter is the author of his own misfortune, but this does not excuse Jones in any way. The Riders had to know who they were hiring, so I have little sympathy for management there. After the debacle that Jones has been, there is enough blame to go around for all.

I actually typed that post, with a straight face.
My bad.

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

montreal is used to being a gong show. toronto is coming off a grey cup win and still a young front office in that city, not to mention serious attendance problems. Wally, is not used to losing. nothing would surprise me at this point. You know he doesnt want to waste his last year on a dud of a team.

Lions are most dangerous at old age. They can sense the end is coming and know its time to go down swinging. 

46 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Personally, I hope he ends up with the Cleveland Browns...or McDonald's... that'd be good too.

i actually have a sympathy thing for the browns. Id hate to see him with them.  

32 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I wouldn't say it's an entirely clean slate in Toronto.  Popp was the GM who cut him in Montreal for his sh**ty behaviour.  He's desperate to turn around the Argos season though so he might take the risk.

this is a great and interesting point. I think the desire to right that ship will win out, you cant afford to hold a grudge too long in the cfl its too small a world. Every thing comes back around. (see chris williams)

Cutting Carter was pure and simple: it was a salary dump... coming up on week 10 they would have had to pay him for the whole year if he played one more game ... you don't want to lose a draft pick next spring for being over the salary cap ... nor do you want to be exposed for having such a high salary low performance team in front the country's most delusional fans

5 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Cutting Carter was pure and simple: it was a salary dump... coming up on week 10 they would have had to pay him for the whole year if he played one more game ... you don't want to lose a draft pick next spring for being over the salary cap ... nor do you want to be exposed for having such a high salary low performance team in front the country's most delusional fans

That only happens in extreme cases.  You get fined up to  certain point and then draft picks can be taken away. 

They also don't count the cap until the end of the year so even if they were over now, they might not be later (which is why you see contracts getting re-done mid season).

6 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think we should all pitch in to buy Carter a ticket to the Banjo Bowl, then he can watch from the sidelines and see a real, cohesive football team work together to mop the floor with the Riders.

Replace "ticket to" with "bag of weed at" in that sentence and you may get him to show up.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Heard Matt Nichols say this week guys who don’t buy in to what they are doing don’t last long with the team.

Toronto back in the Pinball coaching days had a saying "Fit in or F off".  I remember Pinball saying that was the Argo philosophy.  O'Shea would know all about it, having played there at the time.

59 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I dunno. I think he was only owed 40 k the rest of the season. The reason is much simpler.. Hes a cancerous piece of ****. 

So according to the management bootlickers on Riderfans Carter was an "experiment" and since they got some good play out of him it's, oh well, no biggie.

One has to be careful when using the word lie/liar so I'll go with "bollocks".

When Carter was signed he was never, ever sold or advertised as an "experiment". Ever.

Shameless ass covering for Jones over there.