Duron Carter Kicked Off The Farm

1 minute ago, blueingreenland said:

Well, I hate to be negative...but on Friday night our receivers were open all night long...lots of overthrown balls

Not wrong. Matty has to play better or we won't be able to compete with Calgary or Edmonton in the playoffs. But that's not a position we can address. Streveler needs to sit back and learn for a couple years before challenging Matty. He just needs to do whatever he needs to do to get back to where he was at last season.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jones just blew up his receiving corps this off season as soon as he built it. The man is a classless nutbar. 

FIFY. Carter found out about his release from being tweeted by his teammates:

So here you go only saying it once: my teammates started calling me Sat. asking me questions like “what happened” etc. I eventually text coach Jones “What’s the deal? Why my teammates asking if I’m on the team?” Get a call from him saying “thanks for your service on both sides”

— Duron Carter (@DC_CHILLIN_8) August 12, 2018

10 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Winnipeg should consider signing him.  Our receiving core lacks the depth of talent that other top tier teams have and talent wise he's still one of the top guys in the CFL if he plays receiver on a regular basis. Or maybe we should just wait for Montreal to cut Jackson.

In what crazy world would you have to be in to want Carter anywhere near this team?  Saskatchewan just got a bit better (addition by subtraction) because at least a little bit of the dumpster fire fuel has been removed and now you want to bring it here?  I don't care if he has some talent.  He's a such cancer to any team that touches him that only the most desperate would.   Let him go to Montreal.

Honestly, even though he's a prima donna, I feel bad for Carter here. No denying his talent, and Jones throwing him on defence after an all-star season as a receiver was just plain dumb. Then to find out from his teammates and Jones' response when Carter contacts him - well, no one deserves that treatment. 

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Honestly, even though he's a prima donna, I feel bad for Carter here. No denying his talent, and Jones throwing him on defence after an all-star season as a receiver was just plain dumb. Then to find out from his teammates and Jones' response when Carter contacts him - well, no one deserves that treatment. 

There exists a world where both parties can be assholes and neither is deserving of sympathy. Hell Jones is likely the only coach/GM who would put up with Carter's **** as long as that. 

Fact is that the very first time Carter gets put back on offense he starts bitching about not getting targets and talking down his team mates on offense, how can you keep a player like that around at all? He's not the only talented receiver out there, why not get talent with a good attitude?

11 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Winnipeg should consider signing him.  Our receiving core lacks the depth of talent that other top tier teams have and talent wise he's still one of the top guys in the CFL if he plays receiver on a regular basis. Or maybe we should just wait for Montreal to cut Jackson.

Mookie!!!! Please NO!!!!! - Keep him as far away for Winnipeg as possible. Maybe he can find a home playing in Russia or China! :)

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

After taking years for this team to become less than a laughingstock,  you want the Bombers to return to that status?

Amen! This X "infinity" Mr. Carter can apply his trade anywhere else but here IMHO. Will be interesting to hear what comes out of the Chris Jones presser that should take place in about 30 minutes or so in Regina.