3 stars plus hh tigernaughts sack party

wbbfan

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

You can’t be serious. The overthrows were terrible too. I’m not even sure what you’re trying to make here. That we would have had more success had Nichols not missed a ton of open guys down the field? Won’t disagree with you there. 

The point is I'm playing the silly "what if" game too. What if he hadn't missed those throws.  The score would have been even more in our favour than it was.  "What-ifs" are a mugs game and it's really a  pointless exercise, except maybe, if you're trying to find things to complain about after a win or solace after a loss.  Either way - pointless

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

The point is I'm playing the silly "what if" game too. What if he hadn't missed those throws.  The score would have been even more in our favour than it was.  "What-ifs" are a mugs game and it's really a  pointless exercise, except maybe, if you're trying to find things to complain about after a win or solace after a loss.  Either way - pointless

At the end of the day.. Stats are irrelevant. Bombers got the W and in reality were the better team.. Hamilton has a good O but... 349 net yards = loss. Was Nichols good? Not really... Was he terrible? Nope. He was good enough tho. 

Good thing football is a team sport tho. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

I completely disagree that it’s pointless to speculate but I suppose the bottom line is, Nichols was very bad, his numbers probably should have been even worse and the Bombers still won. Whatever that says. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

At the end of the day.. Stats are irrelevant. Bombers got the W and in reality were the better team.. Hamilton has a good O but... 349 net yards = loss. Was Nichols good? Not really... Was he terrible? Nope. He was good enough tho. 

I mean, Nichols was terrible by any metric but other than that, agreed. 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

All I can say for Nichols in a positive sense is he didn't lose the game.  He certainly gave Masoli a good chance to win it.  Coming up one drive short all the time won't help us with Calgary, Edmonton, hell even Saskatchewan.

Just now, 17to85 said:

The deep game isn't Nichols strength and it's not this teams strength so yeah it was a mistake to constantly try for the big plays. This team wins by ball control on offense, why go away? Yeah you gotta take shots, but last night was too big a departure.

Far too many drives in the 2nd half where Harris and Demski didn't touch the ball.  Made it real easy for Hamilton blitz to dominate Nichols.

1. Bighill - could Durant quitting the team be the biggest move of the year? Without it we can't afford to sign a star MLB. 

2. Harris - the engine that drives the offence

3. Medlock - 44.7 yard NET punting avg. (same as his overall avg!) is unheard of. Controlled the field position battlr. 

HH - loved Petermann's YAC yards and blocking contributions, but give it to 3rd string QB Bryan Burnett for making a tackle (and a good one at that) on special teams!!

14 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

1. Bighill - could Durant quitting the team be the biggest move of the year? Without it we can't afford to sign a star MLB. 

2. Harris - the engine that drives the offence

3. Medlock - 44.7 yard NET punting avg. (same as his overall avg!) is unheard of. Controlled the field position battlr. 

HH - loved Petermann's YAC yards and blocking contributions, but give it to 3rd string QB Bryan Burnett for making a tackle (and a good one at that) on special teams!!

Bryan Bennett.

And Rod Black gave the credit to Taylor Loffler on that tackle.

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sorry, was channeling Cactus Jack with the name snafu. And was going off of Bob Irving's radio call. 

Aside from Marquis wheat and a couple of railroads, nothing rolls as familiarly across the prairies as the voice of Jack Wells, an uninhibited sports announcer whose rare combination of garbled syntax, colossal irreverence, haphazard pronunciation and great personal warmth has made him an institution in the west and a unique figure in the whole country". - so wrote Trent Frayne for Maclean's Magazine, August 15, 1959.