3 stars plus hh tigernaughts sack party

wbbfan

Not to beat a dead horse but do you think that the former mlb would of made any of the plays Bighill made last night, that's the importance of the position and someone who is a star there, and in Peterman I think we have found a stud star receiver for years to come doesn't matter what his passport says, Randle had a very concerning game hope he bounces back but that was the worst I have seen him play, and stop with so many deep throws Nichols isn't that type of qb, run short to medium passes and then try a long one, also wanna talk about someone who has been kinda a whipping boy around here and that's Neufeld, who playing guard and staying healthy is having a great season and the o line has not missed a beat since last year.

1. Bighill

2 Peteremen

3 Jeffcoat

HH Harris Thompkins Roh

HHH Dressler Gaitor 

Special Teams as a whole were great and the crowd was loud as hell, numbers should increase making it even louder. 2nd place folks

Edited by bustamente

Gotta give major props to Poop and Nevis..dont get the sexy stats..but they are the reason our ends are killing it and Biggie and JSK are being machines.. those two occupy usually the whole interior oline and disrupt where the running back wants to go..and end up diverted right to our linebackers.

And just a note.. Hurl if still there would be missing ans whiffing and always 2 seconds late to the play resulting in long extended drives.

Biggie has been the best thing for this defense and the best thing that could ever have happened to JSK...he best be buying him a doosie of a Xmas gift

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well..yeah.

It happens to all teams doesn’t it?

Three dropped INTs in one game is extremely rare and shows a great deal of luck. We won by 6 points against a team missing their shutdown DB and our QB throwing for 180 yards. Even one of those three being caught drastically changes the complexion of the game. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

Look, I’m not going to argue with you over this but you have to see the luck involved when a relatively easily intercepted ball is dropped and the impact that any of those interceptions would have had on the outcome of the game. 

and what if Masoli didn't get passes on target while being hit while throwing? There's luck both ways not just for the Bombers. Winnipeg was the better team all night and they screwed around and let Hamilton hang around rather than finishing them off, but every time Hamilton would score to make it closer the Bombers responded with points. 

Not sure why Lapo was using the Edmonton huck it deep playbook rather than his usual ball control offense but what ever, they got the win. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and what if Masoli didn't get passes on target while being hit while throwing? There's luck both ways not just for the Bombers. Winnipeg was the better team all night and they screwed around and let Hamilton hang around rather than finishing them off, but every time Hamilton would score to make it closer the Bombers responded with points. 

Not sure why Lapo was using the Edmonton huck it deep playbook rather than his usual ball control offense but what ever, they got the win. 

I completely agree that Winnipeg is a better team at nearly every position than Hamilton. The difference at running back and o-line is particularly steep. 

I don’t even think that calling the deep shots was a bad call. Without Breaux, that secondary should scare nobody and receivers were open. I recognize that deep shots are more difficult to complete than short and medium passes but those were throws that a great quarterback has to complete with at least some regularity. It’s foolish to say that it’s unwise to go deep just because the plays didn’t work out. There needs to be some confidence in a quarterback’s ability to stretch the field. 

And do not take my criticism of Nichols performance as an endorsement of Masoli. Masoli definitely sucks but I wouldn’t call him completing passes while under intense pressure as “lucky” and it’s certainly not fair to equate those situation with dropped interceptions. 

I’m not even sure what the argument is over dropped interceptions. Last year Bridge lead the league in dropped INTs and it inflated his numbers by a ton, now his stats have regressed to the mean and his stats have been abysmal this year. Nichols is better than Bridge by a large margin, but it’s not a recipe for success in the CFL to throw for under 200 yards with some regularity. 

I hate the whole what if's...

What if our d hadn't pooped the Bed against BC and we lost on the last play?

What if our d hadn't pooped the Bed against Edmonton and we lost in the last minute?

Yeah we would have been 7-1 instead of 5-3. 

Be happy that our D has turned things around and we have won 3 in a row. Things are looking up. NIcholls is bound to have some stinkers. He still helped us put points on the board. This is a team game, not an individual one. 

7 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

I hate the whole what if's...

What if our d hadn't pooped the Bed against BC and we lost on the last play?

What if our d hadn't pooped the Bed against Edmonton and we lost in the last minute?

Yeah we would have been 7-1 instead of 5-3. 

Be happy that our D has turned things around and we have won 3 in a row. Things are looking up. NIcholls is bound to have some stinkers. He still helped us put points on the board. This is a team game, not an individual one. 

Without a doubt this is true but there were very few people defending the D after those atrocious performances. Nichols should be held to the same standard. 

3 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Three dropped INTs in one game is extremely rare and shows a great deal of luck. We won by 6 points against a team missing their shutdown DB and our QB throwing for 180 yards. Even one of those three being caught drastically changes the complexion of the game. 

Here's a suggestion, if you're going to fret about stuff that didn't happen, maybe also factor in the number of overthrows that should have resulted in big plays/td's for us.  Or, maybe we should just focus on the stuff that actually happened.

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Here's a suggestion, if you're going to fret about stuff that didn't happen, maybe also factor in the number of overthrows that should have resulted in big plays/td's for us.  Or, maybe we should just focus on the stuff that actually happened.

You can’t be serious. The overthrows were terrible too. I’m not even sure what you’re trying to make here. That we would have had more success had Nichols not missed a ton of open guys down the field? Won’t disagree with you there.