Game Day Thread- Week Nine: Hamilton @ Winnipeg August 9, 2018

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I believe he was alluding to the fact they are both Canadian. Could have kept Demski and found a better MLB.

That would only matter if the riders knew how to use their talent on offense. About the only play the riders can run is pitch it up and hope roosevelt makes the catch.

Three fun facts for this Saturday morning:

1. Winnipeg has 17 touchdowns scored by their national players (Harris-8, Demski-4, Wolitarski-4, Lafrance-1).

2. Winnipeg has allowed 170 points in 8 games, the Riders have allowed 175 in 7 games. That is right, Winnipeg has allowed 5 less points and played one more game than the much vaunted Riders D.

3. Demski is the second leading national receiver behind Sinopoli.

Edited by rebusrankin

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

2. Winnipeg has allowed 170 points in 8 games, the Riders have allowed 175 in 7 games. That is right, Winnipeg has allowed 5 less points and played one more game than the much vaunted Riders D.

Interesting. I will text Rod Peterson (Sask radio)  that info next week. I'm sure he will have a reaction as always 

👁‍🗨The Morning After..with Coffee.

Incredible plays between Masoli and Banks. Some fans blame our defenders but the pass placements were better.

Banks performed like a real receiver out there, some real nice catches..

Good pressure all night long from the D-line, a little susceptible to Masoli’s scrambling, but getting the job done. 

4 sacks..nice.

Long ball? Maybe too many? Or too many to the same guy?

Did Masoli outplay Nichols?  Maybe slightly in pass % and running, but not in QB efficiency. Nichols only completed 13 passes..but they were the right ones.

Medlock? Outstanding kick performance..kicking with the opposite leg? Looked normal to me. Must have practised it. The guy is a pure professional.

Randle? No worries there.

Hamilton’s opening drive sure looked like trouble was on its way in the long run. The Bombers proved otherwise.

Demski - Meet the expression “getting in the groove” Big game for him.

How about those back-to-back sacks after the Harris fumble? Good calls eh?

Better discipline than the Ti-Cats, and it counted.

Dressler’s impressive consecutive catch streak is alive..

Who ‘de mann? Petterman. Nice subbing..

Bennett - special team’s QB ace - another banging tackle..

That Thompkins guy just might prove to be a valuable player..

Andrew Harris..

Bravo to the noise making great fans on that last drive..

I suppose you can say the Bombers beat another below .500 team..or, you can say these teams that we beat are below .500 because we beat them..

I remember when Zontar asked here about Westerman, everyone talked up how he got one major foul a game, usually at the worst time.  So there ya go, Zontar.

Westerman wasn't the decapitation shot, though, that was the linebacker Dean who took Nichols down by the face mask ... Westerman's was the horsecollar tackle from the front, a call I've never heard before.

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I remember when Zontar asked here about Westerman, everyone talked up how he got one major foul a game, usually at the worst time.  So there ya go, Zontar.

Westerman wasn't the decapitation shot, though, that was the linebacker Dean who took Nichols down by the face mask ... Westerman's was the horsecollar tackle from the front, a call I've never heard before.

Oh yeah, my bad. He's still a d*** lol

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

No we don't.  They don't play the same position either in case you didn't know

Don't say! Well blow me down. Here I thought genius chris had made Hurl  a receiver/halfback/returner because as a linebacker he was totally useless. 

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Banks has been one of the best if not the best receiver over the past year.

Amazing how he turned it around after Austin was replaced .. he looked completely done in the first half of 2017.  Wonder if Ernest Jackson will have a similar turnaround if/when he escapes the Als.

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Three fun facts for this Saturday morning:

1. Winnipeg has 17 touchdowns scored by their national players (Harris-8, Demski-4, Wolitarski-4, Lafrance-1).

3. Demski is the second leading national receiver behind Sinopoli.

Re:#2

I would really like to know exactly how many points the respective Ds have given up.  Those points may include points given up by STs and turnovers for TDs.

Still it does show our D is improving.

4 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Re:#2

I would really like to know exactly how many points the respective Ds have given up.  Those points may include points given up by STs and turnovers for TDs.

Still it does show our D is improving.

CFL stats sheet has that