Edmonton @ BC Lions

Mr Dee

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Reilly sure relies on just throwing it up there hoping for the best..they are not as good a team as their record shows..I think BC is a bit better and if Lulay stays healthy and they can tune up their lines a bit they aren't bad.

On another note the win puts Sask in a tie for last in division and has to have them a bit worried

I agree with you about Edm. Especially that D, I don't think they are as good as alot of the media does.. Disagree about BC. Until they can get their OL operating better they will be a 500 club at best. 

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Reilly sure relies on just throwing it up there hoping for the best..they are not as good a team as their record shows..I think BC is a bit better and if Lulay stays healthy and they can tune up their lines a bit they aren't bad.

On another note the win puts Sask in a tie for last in division and has to have them a bit worried

I agree about Reilly and have felt that way for a while. However, it was still surprising to me to see how useless the Edmonton offence looked once throwing it to Duke Williams no matter how covered he was stopped working. 

The big difference in the second half offense for Edmonton is that they didn't try to establish the run at all. Kept going for the big bomb when what they needed to do was just get some first downs to rest their D. Didn't get their first 1st down in the second half until the 4th quarter. Edmonton still almost pulled off the win. Might have been a different result if the receiver hadn't tripped on the last end zone ball. Fun game all round.

FTR: Lulay was right. He had to throw the ball away so he didn't take a sack. 

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Fitting end to the game based on Riley's decisions down the stretch.

I watched most of the game. The big bad Reilly done got exposed ,shows when u pressure him he's human. Like lots have stated before ,his receivers make him look good.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lulay & Wally arguing. Of course they shut off the mics. Frigging TSN.  Why have mic'd up games????

I think we didn't miss much in the "conversation" between Lulay and Wally. I dare say a lot of words with hard consonants were repeated. 

38 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I watched most of the game. The big bad Reilly done got exposed ,shows when u pressure him he's human. Like lots have stated before ,his receivers make him look good.

I know luck is not really involved but darn it (my mike is on) Reilly is lucky. I know he has big receivers who track the ball but man Reilly throws floaters up there and most of the time the ball is caught or really close to it. Last night was the exception. Sitting there it looks like the bombers could get him. His line is big but you can get around them. Just got to be fast.

38 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I think he's been exposed for a long time. Make him march the field and honestly he just isn't that good. He can't hit a crossing route 50% of the time. And over throws short outs etc often. His rec. Have always bailed him out. And he throws a great deep ball.

40 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Ya think? LOL. Derrell Walker & Duke Williams would make Drew Willy look good. I like Mike Reilly but put him on a team with average to below average receivers & he'd be nothing special. The Esks have made sure to always surround him with big & talented pass catchers.  I do wish we never gave up so fast on Kenny Stafford. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ya think? LOL. Derrell Walker & Duke Williams would make Drew Willy look good. I like Mike Reilly but put him on a team with average to below average receivers & he'd be nothing special. The Esks have made sure to always surround him with big & talented pass catchers.  I do wish we never gave up so fast on Kenny Stafford. 

Plus ,the fact the dude is frikkin strong ,amazing how he can escape the clutches of a lineman with seeming ease.