Nichols v strevler and the hole in our offense.

wbbfan

36 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Nichols is better when going deep??  Better than who??  You can't be serious if you think that is the strength of his game, I'm sorry!

I think he meant that Nichols is better than Shreveler at going deep. 

Another plus of having Nichols back is that our best receiver - Adams - has been busier

51 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Nichols is better when going deep??  Better than who??  You can't be serious if you think that is the strength of his game, I'm sorry!

I said it in the post, better than streveler. I know it isn't the strength of his game but he has struggled less with it than streveler has. I say again, love the upside of Streveler but Nichols is way, way more polished. Give Streveler another year or two and see where he is at.

48 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Streveler looked like he could do it all.  He was very exciting to watch play when he started. 

I think he has the potential to make any pass, but still tossed up some that showed he still needed to get used to the game up here a bit. He also had the massive advantage of other teams not have footage or enough on him. Having that + being a running qb is deadily. Dont get me wrong, he is the best rookie cfl qb ive seen in ages. And I think he will eventually be a star in the league. But he isnt as ready as he seemed. He is however the most ready guy not starting already. 

What a great position to be in. And a new one for us. Idr the last time we had it this good. A very good qb, just under the elite tier with the best youngest back up and guy who looks like he will be a star. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It was pretty clear streveler loved to spread the all around, but also had instant chemistry with wolitarsky. what is surprising is the gigantic difference in streveler attacking the middle vs nichols. I suspect a good part of that is the running threat. If the MLBer sticks on streveler that opens up the middle. If he doesnt that opens up lanes for streveler. In the first game edm did a pretty masterful job of using the mlber against him but he still played great. 

We are very fortunate to have a back-up QB that really is an option should something happen to Nichols. Haven't had this luxury in years!

Right now we are totally winning in the battle of the trenches, and that is having an amazing effect on 33. And as long as he keeps buying the boys double cheeseburgers, we should be just fine!

On 2018-07-23 at 10:59 PM, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Nichols...Streveler...Harris.  Damn fine players who wouldn't be nearly as effective without a monster O-line leading the way.  Not taking away from the QBs or Harris of course but our O-line has been dominant so far this season.  Fun to watch those boys work every game. 

The Ol has been beasting. The amount of run plays called this year is helping them do it as well. Those guys are loving life on the grid iron this year.