3 stars +hh argblows

wbbfan

58 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

I assumed that, but does that mean 1 team has had 2 bye weeks already?

Nobody has had 2 bye weeks yet, but BC will get their 2nd this week before Winnipeg gets their 1st next week.

New this year is 3 bye weeks per team, so 2 weeks ago, 3 teams were off and that'll happen again in weeks 9 and 14.

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, bearpants said:

the most amazing stat here is that Calgary points against... seriously, 9 points per game allowed?? that's incredible...

I prefer Winnipeg with the most points for. We've suffered through some anemic offensive outputs. A few years ago 353 points in 18 games, we're already at 199 through 6 this year. Not to take anything away from Calgary, I'm just happy to see a Winnipeg team that can put points on the board.

5 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

I prefer Winnipeg with the most points for. We've suffered through some anemic offensive outputs. A few years ago 353 points in 18 games, we're already at 199 through 6 this year. Not to take anything away from Calgary, I'm just happy to see a Winnipeg team that can put points on the board.

Not to mention that Calgary is 29.6 PPG and we're at 33.2. It's nice being the only team in the league to average over 30 a game.

Despite our record (and the second half in BC), this year has gone better than I expected when Nichols went down.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎23 at 3:18 PM, Brandon said:

I also find the back to back games to be kind of weird... 

I'm personally not a big fan of back to backs aside from Labour Day. Its kind of crazy we finish up with Toronto after seven games before we play Ottawa once, or that we play BC twice in a row before we play Calgary once.

7 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

I agree that the entertainment value of a great offense is awesome... but "defense wins championships" is the oldest cliche in the book... and it's still true today... 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I agree that the entertainment value of a great offense is awesome... but "defense wins championships" is the oldest cliche in the book... and it's still true today... 

In the cfl, you need both. Been proven time and time again.