Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

43 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

To be fair this game probably was about as good as one could expect from the Als.  Might be a low expectation but that team is just far too superior to them to expect a win and to only give up 25 points with their D constantly being on the field really is not bad.

I'd also say

1. Start Schiltz your next game

Sure he stared down a receiver a few times and had his difficulties, but his lack of experience plus lack of a good OL, lack of sufficient weapons and going up against the most elite defense in CFL history practically guaranteed he had no chance of winning this game anyway.  He's better than Willy and Matthews both, neither of which could have thrown that TD pass.  Since this 2013 Bomber replica team has to be blown up eventually and drop Willy and Matthews like dead weights, Schiltz and probably Adams need to get their time in.

2. I think Mike Sherman may be getting fired soon

Reason I think this is because I just don't see many coaches even when losing willing to go for it on 3rd down deep in their own territory.  I know he knew he'd probably need to take a few risks tonight to have a shot, but that kind of desperate call tells me he's gotta be feeling the heat already.

Actually I think the Bombers D during the Tyrone Jones - James West era were far more elite. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's becoming apparent that if anyone needs firing it's Kavis Reed. That offense is really bad. Sherman can only coach the talent Reed provides him. I also hope Khari jones didn't buy a house in Montreal. or signed a long term lease on an apartment.  He's on borrowed time. 

I didn't say he should be fired right now.  I'm just looking at that call to go for it on 3rd and deep in your own territory and thinking he wouldn't try it unless he was seriously feeling he needed to try and save his job already.

And we oughtta know now.  That boob Andrew Wettenhall will never do what he's supposed to do, nor will he admit he was dumb for hiring Reed.

I think the CFL Board of Governors should vote him out of their committee and demand he sell the Als.  He's going to cause them to fold if this keeps up.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

BLM to his OL after getting sacked: “keep your hands moving and get your heads in the game.” 

Nicholls didn't even blink an eye after he got sacked. Which only happened because Goosen fell on his ass. Our O line rules.....

Sherman looks like a guy who doesn't want to do any more of this stuff.

I will respect his honesty and that he admits that his team is being outplayed instead of making excuses or saying he needs to look at film to determine what went wrong.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I will respect his honesty and that he admits that his team is being outplayed instead of making excuses or saying he needs to look at film to determine what went wrong.

He needs to look the talent and coaching on his team.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

He's 63, was practically already retired when he got the call from MTL, and I'm guessing probably at a point now where he doesn't care if he gets terminated.  He practically has it made from here on out, and ... What's new in MTL?

I mentioned in that earlier post that somehow or other Andrew Wettenhall needs to lose his ownership of the team because this carousel of coaches going in and out is all his fault.  He hired Kavis Reed and Joe Mack who have devoided the team of talent and taken it to levels beyond dumb.  It is his fault this has gone on.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:
3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Johnny Football is moving to Montreal!   This isn't going to help his rehab!!

i was waiting for that to happen.

I mean with this mess they got, they had to throw a hail Mary at some point and this is it.

Just now, Goalie said:

Holy **** Als got bent over

😲 Sweet merciful crap! sacre bleu!!!!!!!

1 im shocked chris williams is going back to hamilton. 2 I am further shocked that ham didnt get back a back up qb. masoli gets hurt and their season is toast. 3 i am still a lil stunned they traded him with in their division to the team with the most struggles. 4 if manziel doesnt work out the als future is spent. two first rounders??? 5. washington has been a starter and rice their back up ol in hamm. 

This is a move of desperation by the als. But they still have two very talented wrs, a quickly improved OL and an actual qb. If manziel isnt ready though, the als will be shot for a few years minimum. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Westerman and Williams are basically done but I like the looks of those picks. I get they needed to do something but this is likely to set the Als back even further. 

Imo williams would easily start on our team and probably westerman as well. Jeffcoat and ogogpogo are better but not enough to make up the passport. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Westerman and Williams are basically done but I like the looks of those picks. I get they needed to do something but this is likely to set the Als back even further. 

Might depend on whether the OL picks they would have made would have turned out better.  They at least got a few pieces there out of this deal.

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Might depend on whether the OL picks they would have made would have turned out better.  They at least got a few pieces there out of this deal.

To be fair they did get a starting ol, and the 6th ol from hamilton who played a TON of the snaps as a TE in that double tight form ham loves soo much. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair they did get a starting ol, and the 6th ol from hamilton who played a TON of the snaps as a TE in that double tight form ham loves soo much. 

Thats what I'm saying.  They went ahead and traded those draft picks because the O-linemen were included in this deal.  I'm saying those picks would have been spent on OL as well.  So possibly they didn't mortgage off their future as much as people think.