Dave Wheeler fired from 92

20 minutes ago, iHeart said:

ah yes back when 103 was tolerable, but then again I prefer mostly lite music so when was 103 ever tolerable?

I only listened to it when I'd drive the gf to her office job DT (she's not there anymore).  And it wasnt a lot of music.  But it was routinely funny and always positive.  I remember when Ace first saw the Two Girls One Cup reaction videos on youtube and ofcourse, you didnt know what they were reacting to and he spent all morning wondering it could be...hahahahaha  And the next day he was like yeah...so...dont watch it. 

Now I listen to 1290 in the morning and if Im with the GF, Sirius radio.  The jeep I bought last year was the first car with satellite radio AND could stream my phone so sometimes Ill throw on a podcast too.

But Ace is good peeps and a clear opposite to Wheeler's nonsense.

• 2 months later...

Rogers signed Wheeler to a five-year contract on Sept. 15, 2012. He was to get a $7,500 signing bonus and start with an annual salary of $255,000 that would increase by $5,000 each year over the term of the contract, plus semi-annual $10,000 ratings bonuses.

He signed a second, five-year contract with Rogers in August 2017 — about 16 months after he was suspended in 2016. His wage jumped to $335,000 per year, plus a one-time $100,000 signing bonus, according to court documents.

I am absolutely shocked that he was making that kind of money.   I was under the impression these guys were getting below 6 figures. 

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I am absolutely shocked that he was making that kind of money.   I was under the impression these guys were getting below 6 figures. 

I think it's been noted that the only two people making decent money in Wpg radio are (were) named Wheeler and Burpee... but I am still surprised by the amounts... I would've guessed low 6 figures...

• 1 year later...

well, I think he still has a following.....and Energy 106 isn't exactly tearing up the ratings book, so they could use some kinda boost....any kinda boost. tl/dr - It's worth a shot and probably not that expensive for them. For him, he just wanted ANYONE to take a shot on him again so he can break into the market. 

• 2 weeks later...