When does the bowman experiment end? (Bowman traded to Montreal)

wbbfan

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Basically they gave him to Montreal a place where he wont come back and haunt them.

I think it probably had more to do with showing Bowman respect.   Instead of releasing him they sniffed around to see if anybody would give up a ceremonial draft pick for him.  There's nobody you're gonna draft in the 8th round that you could just sign as an undrafted free-agent. 

It's not Cap related. It's performance related. The final straw was last game in the wide open a twelve yard pass on 2nd and 10yds right into his hands with no one around him and a chance for big YAC yards and it ends up on the turf. That was when the decision was made. To get anything back was a bonus than straight releasing him (or moving him to the PR which would have been disrespectful to a vet player like Bowman) which is what would have happened had their been no interested parties. A bag of used footballs would have been ok too. Not saying Bowman isn't worth anything just saying he wasn't worth anything in his last stint here in Winnipeg. I personally would like to see Petermann come in because I feel he is very capable and effective and will play with everything he has but I think they will replace an international with an international like either Washington or Thompkins. This is my opinion anyway.

I was surprised you guys signed him in the first place. Reilly quit throwing to him last year, I think he had simply had it with the drops. I never liked him. Problem with the guys that drop the ball, is you never know when it will be and its often at a really bad time in the game. Even in his best years in Edmonton, he still dropped the ball a lot. 

Now people here can stop defending his terrible play and he can go join the retirement home in Montreal.

I wouldn't have minded getting Earnest Jackson back and attempting to re-build his value. But, Jackson has been terrible the last year and a half himself so it might be better we didn't take on another overpaid struggling receiver.

21 minutes ago, Firekid said:

It's not Cap related. It's performance related. The final straw was last game in the wide open a twelve yard pass on 2nd and 10yds right into his hands with no one around him and a chance for big YAC yards and it ends up on the turf. That was when the decision was made. To get anything back was a bonus than straight releasing him (or moving him to the PR which would have been disrespectful to a vet player like Bowman) which is what would have happened had their been no interested parties. A bag of used footballs would have been ok too. Not saying Bowman isn't worth anything just saying he wasn't worth anything in his last stint here in Winnipeg. I personally would like to see Petermann come in because I feel he is very capable and effective and will play with everything he has but I think they will replace an international with an international like either Washington or Thompkins. This is my opinion anyway.

Cap and performance are very much closely correlated. Hanging on to an aging wr who clearly can't catch making $140k a season is a waste and we'll likely make a signing during NFL camp cuts.

12 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Cap and performance are very much closely correlated. Hanging on to an aging wr who clearly can't catch making $140k a season is a waste and we'll likely make a signing during NFL camp cuts.

I see the correlation between the two just the way the posts sounded is that the Bombers got rid of him because they were in cap trouble and that he was a cap casualty. But if he was performing there would be no reason to get rid of him as there is cap room for a performing vet receiver. I get your point now that you are saying there is no cap room for an under-performing vet receiver when we need to pay another receiver who can perform. I agree with that it makes perfect sense.  

20 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Until they determine that Thomkins, Washington, Lankford, Petermann or Simonese can't fill the gap I'd prefer they hold off on bringing in more bodies.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Manziel to Bowman for another Montreal TD.......  might be the beginning of something great for Montreal 😜

Cuthbert: Manziel in the shotgun, here comes the rush.  Manziel rolls to his right, he's looking downfield... Bowman is wide open!  There's the throw... and...  and... and... well, at least this time he managed to get both hands on it before he dropped it.  Dunnigan:  I'm  not sure that the last four drops were all Adarius' fault.  I'm betting  that the fifth time's gotta be the charm.

Well no matter who they put in place.... they cannot have any less production then what Bowman was giving us.     Anything would be an upgrade at this point.   

But if we're playing the old lets sign a vet because we recognize the name then what about Bakari Grant?

36 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I’m sure a good chunk of his contract was paid up front. 

it's so sad that technically he "earned it" by suiting up.... unlike another has-been who used to suit up in Green who took a paycheque from the Blue & Gold this season!