Battle of Underperformers: Blue vs Double Blue in Doubleheader

BigBlue

21 hours ago, Floyd said:

I love the neurotic contrast between win weeks and loss weeks ha

Just stick around buddy you will get your fill then. It is called being a fanatic or being a fan for short not intyst for intelligent analyst. 

After watching the debacle in Hamilton last night, I have a baaad feeling about the game against the Argos. While on one hand I cannot believe that the Bombers collectively cannot be as bad as they were against the Lions last game, the Ticats have looked terrible in the past two games, and the Bombers are not immune either.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/07/20/game-preview-wpg-tor-2/

Ed Tait:

It’s an issue of killer instinct, which the Bombers have had in abundance in the past. Consider that last year the team was 10-2 when leading after three quarters and are 17-3 when protecting a lead into the fourth over the past two seasons.

Make that 19-5 now.

MOS:

“If we have a lead at that point then our players have to learn from the previous couple of experiences that didn’t work out the way we expected it to work out,” said Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea. “It’s all part of the process. The one thing I did say (earlier in the week) is that it’s learned more than anything. It’s about making sure they took the analysis of the previous game and apply it to this game in terms of focus at the end of the game, the refusal to be tired and some of the things you can do with your brain more than physically. The other side is making sure you’re still playing physical through the full 60 minutes or however long the game takes.”

ME:

I believe many are too pessimistic about the Bomber's chances Saturday ... we have upgraded significantly from last year in both personnel and wisdom ... we just had a brain fart in the second half last week in terms of closing: FORGET ABOUT IT!

Yes we have to work on our soft defensive underbelly but we will solve it ... and if necessary our offense can win a shootout