Odds and Sods - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at BC Lions

Regarding Lofler & JBR & DOD’s commentary, just YES.

The guy has really pulled a disappearing act since his first year when he was a big-time, big impact play maker. Now he never seems to be around the ball until it’s too late, never delivers the big blow, and has missed too many tackles. 

I am dismayed and mystified.

53 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I was as well .. and I *LIKE* the instinct here .. to go for it .. that's playing to win and I can appreciate that decision.  It was poor execution. When you're down on the one .. with the defense one yard off the ball .. don't get fancy .. get a hat on a hat and move straight ahead.

With two of the best interior OL in Goossen and Chungh, very slim chance Harris doesn’t get a first down behind them. 

On 2018-07-15 at 9:43 AM, do or die said:

Bighill smacks Rainey for loss....D gives up ANOTHER 2nd down pass.
2nd and long again....Lulay gets out of pocket and hits Burnham...
Johnson takes sideline pass...no tackling....TD BC.  Tie game.

On the tying touchdown play, the defenders looked confused, they left a receiver uncovered seven yards from their own goal line, then 3 players couldn't tackle him. He's not Andrew Harris.

This is the part that is discouraging. Same stuff on defence. game after game. 

La Police, Nichols and the offence will bounce back.

But this defence, has been, is, and looks like it always will be, not good enough.

Edited by Mark F

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Bowman needs to be targeted a lot to keep his head in the game and we have to put up with a few drops. We are only targeting him 2 or 3 times a game, which isn't enough.

This is it, he's the Bombers version of Duron Carter without the nasty twirks, Reilly knew they had to go to him early and often or he loses focus and becomes a non-factor, get him involved and he becomes almost unstoppable.  LaPo and Nichols can take it either way, but right now he's on the straight path to following Clarence out the door.

27 minutes ago, do or die said:

One more question:

Why is Demski suddenly a go-to guy on O?  

Good question but he has been pretty effective running the ball. It’s nice to see him contributing but at this point he should be used more sporadically in my humble opinion.

51 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Bowman needs to be targeted a lot to keep his head in the game and we have to put up with a few drops. We are only targeting him 2 or 3 times a game, which isn't enough.

I also found this to be a pretty good point. It still may be a little early to decide what’s going on with him right now though. Nichols was clearly off his game saturday night, and so I can’t help but wonder if it will just take a little time to develop their chemistry again. That is assuming Nichols finds his game, of course.

but to be fair bowman hasn’t exactly been sure handed thus far into the season. I remember being at the home opener and having flash backs or what was it...2009.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

He can’t get open anymore. With his hands the same as they’ve always been, he’s got nothing left to offer. Targeting him is a lost cause. Walters somehow found the one guy worse than Denmark as his replacement.