Game Day Thread- Week Five: Winnipeg @ BC July 14, 2018

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1. Nichols 

2. Lapo 

3. Reffing

Not sure exactly if Oshea doesnt trust the coordinators a bit 2 much.. Its hard to say.. I know the 2 goal line stands but.. BC had 4 turnovers to our 5 so.. And 1 with no time left..IMO.. Tough to blame the coach for mental mistakes by our QB.. 

Buono was first half O'Shea and O'Shea was second half Buono. They were both terrible. O'Shea wasn't smart enough to take points. It's a road game ffs. That's why I'm hanging this on O'Shea moreso

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Buono was first half O'Shea and O'Shea was second half Buono. They were both terrible. O'Shea wasn't smart enough to take points. It's a road game ffs. That's why I'm hanging this on O'Shea moreso

Reason im not.. Ok kick 2 fgs.. But in make believe land where we are now... Perhaps Burnham doesnt drop the ball as half 1 ended.. We still lose. 

Nichols' issues aside being the Alex Smith of the CFL...

...This team, and coaching staff especially is such a joke. All I want to know is in what world does a running back averaging over 10 yards a carry only have 13 carries all game? This has been my biggest issue with Lapo going back to 2002, his first stint here. He gets too cute and goes away from what's working. This regime will never get out of the first round of the playoffs the way it's run.

Streveler put up better numbers than nichols in every game he started. Yikes. 

Nichols hasnt look good since returning... Im not saying start Streveler but i dunno.. Atleast he could use his legs at times

Edited by Goalie

Crazy thing is how both games the offense/Nichols just tanked in the second half.  He made a number of excellent throws in the first half and couldn’t hit anything in the second, even when Bowman had 10 yard radius he way under threw him.  Wonder if he’s aggravating his knee as he tires and can’t get much into throws later on.

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

I think that is on the coaches playcalling......if Matt Nichols owns this team then why isn't he the one getting the TD somehow (?)

Nichols had 3 costly picks...including the last 1 which killed us. Bad pick. Dumb throw. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I dont think so. They have legit Drs saying hes good to go. 

There's been plenty of examples of players "playing through pain" - medically cleared by doctors, but still playing through an injury. Most recent memorable example locally was Andrew Ladd playing through a sports hernia during the 2014/2015 Jets season as they pushed (and secured) a playoff spot.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

There's been plenty of examples of players "playing through pain" - medically cleared by doctors, but still playing through an injury. Most recent memorable example locally was Andrew Ladd playing through a sports hernia during the 2014/2015 Jets season as they pushed (and secured) a playoff spot.

Yeah hes likely not 100 percent but i dont think it would make him be that bad. 

I'm just as disappointed as anybody, and that lost really stings. But I have to say I'm really turned off by how the knives are just flying for Nichols right now. It still amazes me that Drew Willy gets more slack even now than Nichols would get. 

This team isn't going to win a playoff game with Streveler it has to be Nichols. Let's not get the lynch-mob just yet.

Edited by White Out

Just now, White Out said:

I'm just as disappointed as anybody, and that lost really stings. But I have to say I'm really turned off by how the knives are just flying for Nichols right now. It still amazes me that Drew Willy gets more slack even now than Nichols would yet. 

This team isn't going to win a playoff game with Streveler it has to be Nichols. Let's not get the lynch-mob just yet.

You pull the knife out for people who aren’t your boy faster than anyone. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Nichols' issues aside being the Alex Smith of the CFL...

...This team, and coaching staff especially is such a joke. All I want to know is in what world does a running back averaging over 10 yards a carry only have 13 carries all game? This has been my biggest issue with Lapo going back to 2002, his first stint here. He gets too cute and goes away from what's working. This regime will never get out of the first round of the playoffs the way it's run.

Alex Smith is a perfect comparison. 

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Any one of those drives goes for points the Bombers win.  No confidence in Nichols right now for me.

Nichols in the clutch period is something I have no confidence in - especially on the road, and especially against the Lions. His track record in the playoffs and regular season speaks for itself. Anyone have confidence against Bo Levi or Reilly come November?

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Nichols in the clutch period is something I have no confidence - especially on the road, and especially against the Lions. His track record in the playoffs and regular season speaks for itself. Anyone have confidence against Bo Levi or Reilly come November?

Against Bo in November? Yes. Reilly? No