Calgary @ Ottawa

Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

The Bombers are better in certain areas - should be an interesting match up in a few weeks. 

That Stamps team has so many weapons. My son's receiver at SFU has battled a severe knee injury the past year to get back into the lineup & Lemar scored a touchdown.  Iwas really happy to see that. He was injured for an entire year.  Now they have Durant, Beggleton, Markin, Rodgers, Brescanin & Daniels. Scary group.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That Stamps team has so many weapons. My son's receiver at SFU has battled a severe knee injury the past year to get back into the lineup & Lemar scored a touchdown.  Iwas really happy to see that. He was injured for an entire year.  Now they have Durant, Beggleton, Markin, Rodgers, Brescanin & Daniels. Scary group.

Our advantage is in the trenches.

Agree with your assessment. 

8 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Our advantage is in the trenches.

Agree with your assessment. 

How do the Stamps receiving corps match up to Edmonton's? Reilly loves the big pass play downfield. Mitchell likes to spread the ball around more than Reilly. Mitchell to me is the more patient qb of the 2.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How do the Stamps receiving corps match up to Edmonton's? Reilly loves the big pass play downfield. Mitchell likes to spread the ball around more than Reilly. Mitchell to me is the more patient qb of the 2.

Two very different offenses - makes it hard  to compare receivers. I do think Williams and Walker would be very good no matter who is throwing to them. 

Calgary's offense looks different this year. BLM is throwing deep a lot and it's not just to one receiver. It's their defense that sets them apart tho. DB's are in tight coverage. LB's are hitting a ton and staying in tight coverage. Their DL is creating lots of pressure. The only thing that could set them back is their depth doesn't look to be as good as it has been in the past.

Calgary is a remarkable sports team.

There is not much controversy around the team. 

They move smoothly through various changes, adapt, and continue to win.

I guess they have not handled the backup qb that well, but who knows about that really.

Arbuckle threw a nice TD pass.

Other than injury to Bo, nothing much to stop them this season.

We need to get some kind of cool hat for Nichols. 

Edited by Mark F

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

After reading the initial info post from @Mr Dee it's actually pretty amazing how dominant Calgary has been in recent history... with so few Cups to show for it...

They may be the most arrogant team in the CFL in thinking that other teams should just lay down for them. In big games the other teams won't. They can't handle adversity, panic & almost always choke. They could go 18-0 & face a 8-10 team in the Grey Cup & I'd pick the 8-10 team to win. 

16 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Has there been a decent game this year?  I can't recall another season that started off this badly, winner is already determined before the half.

yup, this has been the least entertaining CFL season I can remember.  All the games are either two shitty teams volleying punts or complete asswhuppings.   So many teams have QB issues -- Harris and Jennings have both regressed badly, Saskatchewan and Montreal don't have legit starters, Franklin is promising but no one in Toronto cares, Masoli has a magical Kevin Glenn-like power to undo wins...

This is the CFL that CFL haters see.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They have the team to go 18-0.  They also have the team to lose again in the Grey Cup. 

The Stamps have the best-balanced, best-staffed team they have had in years, and do look to be the team to measure others against. However in one game, anything can happen- and sometimes does. That's what makes the playoff so riveting.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

The Stamps have the best-balanced, best-staffed team they have had in years, and do look to be the team to measure others against. However in one game, anything can happen- and sometimes does. That's what makes the playoff so riveting.

Living here in Calgary, I can honestly say that in the past two years the Stamps have lost thousands of fans because of what happened vs Ottawa & Toronto.  The local sports media here seems a lot less interested in the team as well. If the Stamps get back to the Grey Cup  with a 16-2 record (say) & lose to a clearly inferior team, the results would be disastrous on their eroding fanbase. I don't know how they come back from that. The fanbase would demand blood.  Which would be the beginning of the end, I'd say.  I know it may sound strange but 15-3 or 16-2 regular season records mean nothing to football fans here. Winning the very last game of the year does. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Man the last game of the regular season, I actually felt a little bad for Buckley.  It was like the Bomber D took out a season’s worth of frustration out on the poor guy.  

Sacks, fumbles, interceptions AND injury. Bo standing on the sideline while they kept limp/trotting him out there like the black knight from Monty Python :P 

Too bad that’ll be his last memory as a pro football player.

58 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Man the last game of the regular season, I actually felt a little bad for Buckley.  It was like the Bomber D took out a season’s worth of frustration out on the poor guy.  

Sacks, fumbles, interceptions AND injury. Bo standing on the sideline while they kept limp/trotting him out there like the black knight from Monty Python :P 

Too bad that’ll be his last memory as a pro football player.

Oh well.  He had a career as a backup when he really wasn't good enough. So, instead of having bad memories he'll have good memories of backing up Mitchell & getting paid. He's now in Med School so I'm sure he's moved on.

Edited by SpeedFlex27