Cfl rule riddle video. (from a yank)

wbbfan

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Didn't get  second, or last one.

Showed Leo Lewis at the start.

Good quiz, thanks, that was fun.

second one is just an on side kick on a kick off return. iirc this was the play calgary under matt dunigan used in the last seconds of a game but the refs blew the call. But on the stamps tape of the game the player was clearly on side. We dont see on side stuff done much, or enough imo. Id have one fast guy on side and run down punts every time you have a young imp returner. we see tons of balls hit the turf. 

The last one is basically a blocked kick. so the team that originally was kicking is now returning team but blocks it and thus gains possession in the end zone. 

I wonder if this is a bi product of greater coverage by ESPN of the cfl in the us. 

The one thing that always bugged me about that last one was that it looked like the Toronto player who kept the initial kick in play and subsequently kicked it out of the end zone appears to have stepped out of bounds (both feet on the white end line), and should have been flagged for illegal participation.  Based on that alone, Montreal should have won the game because the ball would have been dead in the end zone as soon as he picked it up to make the kick.

30 minutes ago, Sard said:

The one thing that always bugged me about that last one was that it looked like the Toronto player who kept the initial kick in play and subsequently kicked it out of the end zone appears to have stepped out of bounds (both feet on the white end line), and should have been flagged for illegal participation.  Based on that alone, Montreal should have won the game because the ball would have been dead in the end zone as soon as he picked it up to make the kick.

The replays showed he did keep the feet in. I remember when that happened.

I take offence at criticism of the restraining zone when the fair catch exists. Nothing is worse than every kickoff through the endzone the last couple of years. Well whatever. I don't want to get politics going so I will stop right here.

5 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I take offence at criticism of the restraining zone when the fair catch exists. Nothing is worse than every kickoff through the endzone the last couple of years. Well whatever. I don't want to get politics going so I will stop right here.

i love the restraining zone rather then fair catch. Fair catch and the single makes returning (one of the most exciting plays in football) more frequent and better quality. 

On 2018-07-12 at 11:57 AM, Fan Boy said:

The video narrator actually says that he likes that rule...