Saturday: Do Bombers Win Doubleheader?

BigBlue

56 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Elephant and Castle on Burrard and Hastings - hoisted many brews with Bomber fans in that place. Bit of a hike to the stadium from there though. Shark Club is a lot closer.

Well, we are staying near the waterfront and our hotel is near E&C, but I was hoping something for closer to the stadium. 

I'll keep the Shark Club in mind, but would also like to try out something I can't get here.

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Wally is ramping up the disrespect card as well...says Nichols should be careful with his "kept my uni clean all game" remarks". I predict ejections.

What a dink. Nichols gave credit to his O-line for making his job easier and keeping him upright. Buono's losing it.

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Wally is ramping up the disrespect card as well...says Nichols should be careful with his "kept my uni clean all game" remarks". I predict ejections.

Well he's not wrong- that there is bulletin board material. It wouldn't be so bad if we weren't playing BC again... but since we are- it's kind of like driving your thumb in their eye. They are going to be pissed and amped up.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well he's not wrong- that there is bulletin board material. It wouldn't be so bad if we weren't playing BC again... but since we are- it's kind of like driving your thumb in their eye. They are going to be pissed and amped up.

Nah it's just Wally being desperate for anything to motivate a clearly out matched team. 

Wally is using it as he should. Get his boys ramped up to actually make a play. It is what it is. Doesn't bother me at all.

I do think this game could be a bit of a trap though. Bombers will be fired up of course, but I think any lead unless it's absolutely huge will be a struggle to hold on to. I expect BC to play a full 60 saturday to try and stay in the pack of the West. Saying that, the Bombers need to win this one as well. Have yet to be above .500 this year. Have to start showing they're elite if they want to be called it.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, nate007 said:

Well, we are staying near the waterfront and our hotel is near E&C, but I was hoping something for closer to the stadium. 

I'll keep the Shark Club in mind, but would also like to try out something I can't get here.

I usually hit up Patron Tacos & Cantina or Central City Brewpub for events at BC place. E&C is quite the hike to the stadium.

edit: Costco beside the stadium for a dog and a drink is also clutch

Edited by yogi

55 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Think bombers win 29-28

Yeah, I definitely can't see BC just mailing this one in.  Buono is certainly getting long in the tooth, but he's been around long enough to know what to do when he needs to prepare a team to play, and they certainly got their pride over there plus a home crowd that I'm sure will fill up BC Place Saturday night.  Plus even though I think Jennings may make a mistake or two in this game, I still expect him to play better than he did last game.  It will look much more like the tightly contested games we've been having against these guys the last few years I expect.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah, I definitely can't see BC just mailing this one in.  Buono is certainly getting long in the tooth, but he's been around long enough to know what to do when he needs to prepare a team to play, and they certainly got their pride over there plus a home crowd that I'm sure will fill up BC Place Saturday night.  Plus even though I think Jennings may make a mistake or two in this game, I still expect him to play better than he did last game.  It will look much more like the tightly contested games we've been having against these guys the last few years I expect.

Are you sure about that?

Some uncertainty about #Bombers secondary for this week's game at B.C. Chandler Fenner has not practised so Moe Leggett was filling in at dime back (SAM), but Leggett seems to have tweaked something in practice today. Could be a big shuffle coming if both can't go.

Ted Wyman @Ted_Wyman 4m4 minutes ago

Moe Leggett has returned to the action for the #Bombers, and is playing dime back again

Wow, thankfully Moe came back.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 10:38 AM, 17to85 said:

Nah it's just Wally being desperate for anything to motivate a clearly out matched team. 

Nichols was just letting everyone know the great job the Hogs did for him.  If he didn't say anything publicly most fans would never know. Wally should worry about the shitty job he is doing as a head coach & former GM. He keeps playing that piece of stink qb Jennings. Plus his backup Travis Lulay still hasn't recovered from his ACL tear from last year. This is the team Wally recruited & signed. He has to live with it. Having said that, the Bombers must stop Burnham & Arceneaux from getting on a roll. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2018-07-11 at 11:07 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

What a dink. Nichols gave credit to his O-line for making his job easier and keeping him upright. Buono's losing it.

He's twisting it to use as bulletin board material, looks like Wally's on his last legs if he has to resort to that type of stuff.

20 hours ago, Tracker said:

Three predictions about the game: 1) The Bombers will win handily 2) All of the Lions fans will arrive in the same taxi 3) Wally will take a giant step towards retirement

You heard it here first, there will be two middle aged dudes beating a drum, better get the silent count out.

I feel like the drum guy in bc is obviously on the Lions payroll. A hype man/mascot disguised as an embattled life long season ticket holder. I get the same vibe from the guys that get a lot of camera time during Argo home games, with cheesy signs written up by the Argos marketing team. 😔

Edited by Pickle Rick

On 2018-07-11 at 1:37 PM, USABomberfan said:

Lions fans haven't filled BC Place since the 2011 Grey Cup. Vancouver is a bandwagon town.