Saturday: Do Bombers Win Doubleheader?

BigBlue

It is notoriously difficult to win both home and away back to back games for a variety of reasons ... and we have two in a row as we play the Argos back to back when we are done with BC.

The Bombers have momentum and also, perhaps, a chip on their shoulder ... The D wants to vindicate themselves ... Matt Nichols wants to show he is for real ... and its time for Andrew Harris to be named player of the week

On the other hand Wally Buono must have a couple things up his sleeve .... the coordinators will also be busy scheming to shut down what the Blue did so well last week ... and the players are going to be some kind of extra nasty with something to prove!

Edited by BigBlue

Its really hard to beat a team two weeks back to back. Especially when you route them the first game. Its always hard to follow up a big offensive out pouring as you tend to drift back down to the median. 

I think BC comes out and scraps much harder earlier. If they roll over and die they are pretty much toast. Maybe the chuck a ton of deep balls, maybe they pound the rock. But I dont think they will roll over and take a licking like last week. 

36 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

It is notoriously difficult to win both home and away back to back games for a variety of reasons ... and we have two in a row as we play the Argos back to back when we are done with BC.

The Bombers have momentum and also, perhaps, a chip on their shoulder ... The D wants to vindicate themselves ... Matt Nichols wants to show he is for real ... and its time for Andrew Harris to be named player of the week

On the other hand Wally Buono must have a couple things up his sleeve .... the coordinators will also be busy scheming to shut down what the Blue did so well last week ... and the players are going to be some kind of extra nasty with something to prove!

8g1no.jpg

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yes. We will win. Why? Because we are better than they are. 

That's the bottom line.. Back to back is irrelevant and a talking point in sports... The better team will win. 

Right.  Because that is the way it always works.  Like the Riders-Ticats game last week, and the last two Grey Cup games.  I don't know why they even play these games.  It would be so much easier on the players' bodies if they only played games where both teams were deemed by "the experts" to be exactly the same caliber.

24 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I'm going to the game.

I have not seen a bomber win live since Oct. 26, 1996.

So either they're due, or my cursed presence is too powerful for any Bomber team to overcome.

Check your schedule. You have a date that night and your date doesn't watch LIVE football. ☺️

Edited by M.O.A.B.

I like these discussions.  So keep it up.    Keeps  me from migrating to other sites for content.  

I worry that BC will have a bounce back game and the blown coverage Jennings missed on last weekend won’t be missed this time around.  

I think we have a good chance to take the win if the defence continues to pressure Jennings/Lully and our offence can keep moving the ball down the field eating up the clock.   

We have an immensely talented team but I think DC is the sore spot that is the last remaining piece before we are the next generations Calagary team.  

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I'm going to the game.

I have not seen a bomber win live since Oct. 26, 1996.

So either they're due, or my cursed presence is too powerful for any Bomber team to overcome.

If they lose this week, I vote to have you banned from all future Bomber games. No offense.

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Check your schedule. You have a date that night and your date doesn't watch LIVE football. ☺️

the funny thing I'm doing the day trip stag because my wife, who normally goes to Vancouver with me, is studying for exams. So if I have a date I'm in big trouble that I don't even know about.

Maybe she is the curse?  She's been to all but one of the Bomber losses with me.  This weekend, we will know...

I think that Bombers will have as good a chance as the defense allows.

If the defense plays well, and limits the BC offence to less than 350 yards total and/or 21 points, then Bombers will win for sure.

To me, this goes for any game this season.

If Ginger-Snaps starts for BC at QB then chances of that happening will go down somewhat, because even a broken down Ginger historically has been able to beat any D Bombers have ever been able to field.

Ginger just seems to always know how to destroy the Bombers.

4 minutes ago, TheSource said:

If Ginger-Snaps starts for BC at QB then chances of that happening will go down somewhat, because even a broken down Ginger historically has been able to beat any D Bombers have ever been able to field.

Ginger just seems to always know how to destroy the Bombers.

I really hope Lulay doesn’t play... not because he necessarily makes them that much better... but because he’s too great of a player and too great of a person to have his career end being peeled off the field behind that garbage o-line...

If Jennings plays, the Bombers should win, if Lulay plays, not sure. (if he can make it through the whole game)

Not sure beating B.C. led by Jennings, and Montreal, mean that much as far as the defence goes. 

I suspect that the defence can still be beaten by any of the league's good quarterbacks.

Edited by Mark F

28 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Question for the West Coast folks: is there a place near the stadium that Bomber fans tend to congregate, or would recommend for a pre-game meal? Going to my first Bomber road game ever, and wanna do it right. 

Elephant and Castle on Burrard and Hastings - hoisted many brews with Bomber fans in that place. Bit of a hike to the stadium from there though. Shark Club is a lot closer.

Edited by kelownabomberfan