Odds and Sods - BC Lions at Winnipeg Blue Bombers

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't remember that (not that's its unbelievable I just don't remember) so I'm calling BS on you calling BS on me calling BS. Isn't it nice to be having this issue right now lol remembering how many games a QB DIDN'T get hit behind the Oline. 

Nichols has a deal were he feeds the hogs anytime they keep him clean, it happened at least 2 or 3 times last season.

9 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm calling BS on this. Harris has had decent holes basically all year. Nichols didn't get touched last game. Something that never happened behind bond. I'm not saying bond is **** either. I loved the guy. Was hoping we'd be able to find space for him. But first point of contact being much closer? That's straight up BS, and likely based solely on a bias towards Neuf. How can anyone measure that?

Go back and re watch most of the first half of his carries against hamilton especially. He has been shaking tackles and cutting back in the back field a lot with out bond. 

Actually we had a stretch of iirc 3 weeks last year with maybe one sack and two weeks in a row with out a hit on nichols. 

Well if you watch line play instead of following the football its actually pretty easy. How do you measure it? when a guy is facing tacklers in the back field on half his carries vs bursting through regular holes and first being contacted past the line of scrimmage its a very obvious difference. Go to the YT streams of the games and set the speed to .75%

It was even more dramatic a difference pre bond last year. That was also before hardrick slid over. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Go back and re watch most of the first half of his carries against hamilton especially. He has been shaking tackles and cutting back in the back field a lot with out bond. 

Actually we had a stretch of iirc 3 weeks last year with maybe one sack and two weeks in a row with out a hit on nichols. 

Well if you watch line play instead of following the football its actually pretty easy. How do you measure it? when a guy is facing tacklers in the back field on half his carries vs bursting through regular holes and first being contacted past the line of scrimmage its a very obvious difference. Go to the YT streams of the games and set the speed to .75%

It was even more dramatic a difference pre bond last year. That was also before hardrick slid over. 

All of this - is also because of a rookie QB behind centre who is not as much of a passing threat - same thing happened when Nichols went down last year. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

All of this - is also because of a rookie QB behind centre who is not as much of a passing threat - same thing happened when Nichols went down last year. 

That can certainly have such an affect. But you can easily see the difference in the pre nichols era and early nichols era in terms of time in the pocket. 

At the same time, weve seen BC un able to pass the rock against us for extended periods of time in the jenings era, but also seen them repeatedly rip massive runs with regularity on us. In the cfl even if a qb isnt hitting you arent going to cheat that heavily to the run game. 

Our OL also got banged up late last year when nichols was hurt as well. 

38 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That can certainly have such an affect. But you can easily see the difference in the pre nichols era and early nichols era in terms of time in the pocket. 

At the same time, weve seen BC un able to pass the rock against us for extended periods of time in the jenings era, but also seen them repeatedly rip massive runs with regularity on us. In the cfl even if a qb isnt hitting you arent going to cheat that heavily to the run game. 

Our OL also got banged up late last year when nichols was hurt as well. 

In short, it’s the cumulative effect of several factors, one being the absence of Travis Bond. I also think OL play as a cohesive group can make up for the loss of one dominant starter. 

Further, I think the benefits elsewhere on the roster, MLB in particular, tilt the scales in favour of Neufeld starting. 

We still have the best OL in the league.

Just my 0.02

We haven't missed Bond in the least.. sure he was good...but not the main piece that held this group together.

Oline play and being dominant is a lot of times due to familiarity and cohesion between a group of guys who have spent a lot of time together as a group which this group has. 

Factor in that chungh..Bryant.. goose and Hardrick are all top shelf talents and well you have basically the best line in the league..they trust each other...know each others tendancies and work off it.

The beauty of it is they will/should all be back again next yr if we want them so things will continue on the same way.

I gotta mention that Hardrick has been dominant this year..takes his blocks to the extreme and just doesn't let his guys go..send them into the next level consistently..he is one of the straws that stirs the oline's drink and his attitude and edge is a big part of the oline's personality..love that guy out on the field 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

I gotta mention that Hardrick has been dominant this year..takes his blocks to the extreme and just doesn't let his guys go..send them into the next level consistently..he is one of the straws that stirs the oline's drink and his attitude and edge is a big part of the oline's personality..love that guy out on the field 

Seems every week there's a clip that shows up on twitter of Hardrick just pwning some poor schmuck. Really has turned into one of the best in the league at that position. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Seems every week there's a clip that shows up on twitter of Hardrick just pwning some poor schmuck. Really has turned into one of the best in the league at that position. 

Really like Hardrick's back-story too.  I wish nothing but the best for that guy and his family.

58 minutes ago, yogi said:

Hardrick might be my next jersey. No one looks like they're having more fun than him out there, I look for him after every touchdown.

I think he could work on his hops. He barely touches the top of the wall that Harris jumps onto. Still his wall celly is one of my favourites. 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And atleast one of goosen running down field and pancaking the crud out of some one too. hardrick and the young nucks have continued to really improve. Bryant is steady as ever. 

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

He's too busy working on his footwork.

i dont know if any other bomber loves playing the game as much as hardrick does. This isnt about a jump to the nfl, or the next contract or any thing but fun. That man loves him some football. And you cant help but love him for it. 

I love that everyone is talking about Hardrick’s personality and the nastiness of Goossen and Chungh... meanwhile Stanley Bryant just continues to quietly be the best o-lineman in the league... he’s the reigning MOOL and he basically gets zero recognition... I get the feeling that’s the way he likes it...