Derek Jones

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You arent wrong. In the current scheme with bighill playing the same area short-middle side line to side line that loffler previously excelled at he is kind of with out a home. I was thinking for a moment during the game, would we be better with bighill at S, jsk at mlb, and loffler at wil? The time to get a customed to a new position for each guy a lone seems like it wouldnt work. Plus JSK has really done well next to bighill. 

Perhaps the long term solution is trading loffler to a place he fits better. If jones health is bad, perhaps trade loffler for another starting NI, or sign bakari grant cut bowman play 3 ni wrs, move mo back to S and play fenner at sam. Alexander comes back when healthy and the two rooks fill one spot. 

Loffler has plenty of opportunity to make plays.  He’s whiffing.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Loffler has plenty of opportunity to make plays.  He’s whiffing.

he is selling out for hits and coming up dry a lot more then normal no doubt. But he isnt in and around the action nearly as much as previous. 2 tackle a game pace this year, which is less then half of last year. In previous years he was crushing wrs over the middle. This year not. He needs to adjust his game to match how teams and the system have adjusted. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This will only get worse when Halifax starts up.  We don't have enough universities playing football to keep up, unfortunately. Fans want to see the CFL with 12 or 14 teams but that may just be impossible to do given the amount of Nationals we'd need.

personally i dont want to see expansion until we have each franchise stable and healthy. I also dont think we should ever go that deep in teams. But than I also think QC is a better city for a team then halifax. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

personally i dont want to see expansion until we have each franchise stable and healthy. I also dont think we should ever go that deep in teams. But than I also think QC is a better city for a team then halifax. 

The team in Laval has a private owner with a monopoly on Peps Stadium so he'd never allow a team to use it. That facility could easily be expanded to at least 25,000 but unfortunately it won't happen. The Quebec government won't help with a new stadium after the way Bettman has burned them.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The team in Laval has a private owner with a monopoly on Peps Stadium so he'd never allow a team to use it. That facility could easily be expanded to at least 25,000 but unfortunately it won't happen. The Quebec government won't help with a new stadium after the way Bettman has burned them.

Laval would be too close to montreal to have a franchise imo. I dont know what infrastructure QC has, but seeing some of the venues run out in the last year or two It cant be that bad can it lol. 

16 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Suggesting Loffler might be better suited as a WIL isn’t a bad idea. He isn’t a deep cover support guy....a difficult spot. You have to be a centre fielder with vision and the ability to see plas developing and react accordingly.

Before he could succeed at wil he would have to focus on wraping up and tackling properly. he has been able to out muscle much smaller wrs with hits, but the bigger guys hed face in the box would demand better form. 

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Before he could succeed at wil he would have to focus on wraping up and tackling properly. he has been able to out muscle much smaller wrs with hits, but the bigger guys hed face in the box would demand better form. 

I think Loffler is much more effective when he plays deep and keeps everything in front of him, when he has to turn and run with a receiver he is lost.  He just seems to work most effectively in straight lines.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne