Do The Lions Eat Us Up Saturday Night?

BigBlue

“It’s tough. It was almost like nothing was going our way,” said Bombers running back Andrew Harris. “We had one play called where (Hamilton defensive tackle) Ted Laurent had no idea what was going on, he just ran right into me and we would have had a 30-yard reception on a screen.

“It’s just little things like that, guys missing assignments, guys dropping balls that don’t usually drop balls. It was just a frustrating game overall. But these games happen. I’ve been in this league for so many years and you’re never going to have a perfect season, a perfect game. It’s when those things compound, to have six two-and-outs in a row, that’s when it gets frustrating. But we still had an opportunity at the end of the game to possibly tie it.”

So maybe the ball bounces differently this week

Edited by BigBlue

32 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

“It’s tough. It was almost like nothing was going our way,” said Bombers running back Andrew Harris. “We had one play called where (Hamilton defensive tackle) Ted Laurent had no idea what was going on, he just ran right into me and we would have had a 30-yard reception on a screen.

“It’s just little things like that, guys missing assignments, guys dropping balls that don’t usually drop balls. It was just a frustrating game overall. But these games happen. I’ve been in this league for so many years and you’re never going to have a perfect season, a perfect game. It’s when those things compound, to have six two-and-outs in a row, that’s when it gets frustrating. But we still had an opportunity at the end of the game to possibly tie it.”

I know it's Harris talking but if Richie Hall is making the same argument for the porous play of the defense please tie a can to him and show him the door.

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Thought it was 10 two and outs.

Im sorry but how does this fix the D again? I feel like they have yet to address the biggest issue from last week.. It wasn't the QB.. It was the guys who couldn't stop Hamilton from scoring 6 drives in a row. And until they do fix that massive issue, i dont think it matters who the QB is. 

Edited by Goalie

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Im sorry but how does this fix the D again? I feel like they have yet to address the biggest issue from last week.. It wasn't the QB.. It was the guys who couldn't stop Hamilton from scoring 6 drives in a row. And until they do fix that massive issue, i dont think it matters who the QB is. 

I agree it doesn't fix the D but it does open up the offense. Streveler simply is not as Nichols level at this time. Plus maybe it will inspire The D a bit. And playing press D instead of soft coverage might help as well.

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It doesn't fix the D. It gives the O a better chance to put up the 30 or so points needed to get wins.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

doesn't fix the D but it will hopefully keep them off the field more. 6 straight 2 and outs is a recipe for disaster against a good team. We were in the game up until halftime.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

possession time and points scored. Both things that will hopefully put more pressure on the opposition O hopefully leading to some turnovers/mistakes.

A good Offence will make a bad Defense better.