Do The Lions Eat Us Up Saturday Night?

BigBlue

Hamilton destroyed us  with their double tight end formation ... we had no answers. No reactions. No adjustments.

Do you think BC will go to the same double tight? Do you think MOS is going to do something after watching the film?

Will LAPO take the training wheels off Streveler and allow him to improvise?

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Hamilton destroyed us  with their double tight end formation ... we had no answers. No reactions. No adjustments.

Do you think BC will go to the same double tight? Do you think MOS is going to do something after watching the film?

Will LAPO take the training wheels off Streveler and allow him to improvise?

questions-questions-everywhere-z0krn7.jp

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

I have to be the pessimist here. If they can’t even make adjustments to an obviously inept defensive game plan at halftime, I have no reason to believe they’ll beat B.C. 

Let me join you Mark, without Nichols I predict we will lose as well. Our D is so putrid we likely give Jennings the boost in confidence he needs to not only beat us, but, resurrect his season.

I actually hope other teams put 40+ on our straigh to labour day and we fire Hall to save the season.

Don't know what to expect with B.C., but they are beatable. If I was B.C. I would do the same thing as Hamilton did...maximum protection, short passes all day. No reason to think we will adjust.

I think we have the players on D to compete, but will they be given the ability to do so?

B.C. offense likes to go deep, so that might play to our strengths.

I think we still win. I wish O'shea wasnt so loyal to a fault when it comes to his players and assistants. But its the way he is and he won't change. Hall is here till the offseason at the earliest. Its why his players love him....

It's a couple of tough games in a row. BC hasn't looked very good this year, but they can rush the passer, complete some deep balls and they need a win against a western team to stay in the running. We've looked better than I expected with a raw rookie QB, but our defense has been leaking like a sieve. I'm expecting a split.

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

At least the BC protection is lacking, that does benefit our defense. Plus Jennings can always decide to just throw the game away at a moments notice. 

I think that's going to make all the difference in the world, BC will not be continually running max. protection and Jennings is nowhere near as efficient as Masoli.  June Jones should be congratulated, he's brought back an outdated offensive plan and is kicking butt with it.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think that's going to make all the difference in the world, BC will not be continually running max. protection and Jennings is nowhere near as efficient as Masoli.  June Jones should be congratulated, he's brought back an outdated offensive plan and is kicking butt with it.

Trestman did the same thing to revive Calvillo’s career. I think teams will do it until the Bombers show an inclination to adjust. 

15 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Trestman did the same thing to revive Calvillo’s career. I think teams will do it until the Bombers show an inclination to adjust. 

The offence has to be built around the concept, they can't just switch to that style of D like flicking a switch.  I've been waiting for a dog's age for the pendulum to swing back the other way and bring back a more balanced attack, maybe old June will prove it's a worthy pursuit.  No more empty backfields!

It's one of those games I feel we can win, but I'm also feeling like the pressure is on our offense to keep carrying the load because Richie Hall is such a dumbass on the other side.  He completely relies on other QBs getting greedy and forcing throws which certainly can happen with Jennings.  But if he's not calling press man coverage and Jennings is content to take dump off throws, it's going to be a long night.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The offence has to be built around the concept, they can't just switch to that style of D like flicking a switch.  I've been waiting for a dog's age for the pendulum to swing back the other way and bring back a more balanced attack, maybe old June will prove it's a worthy pursuit.  No more empty backfields!

True - the full max protect requires a QB who can throw with pin point accuracy on a consistent basis. 

However, taking 5 to 7 yard dump offs when a D is never in press coverage, is a relatively easy adjustment.