Do The Lions Eat Us Up Saturday Night?

BigBlue

11 hours ago, Stickem said:

I think the p.a. should have played the 'Lion Sleeps Tonight'...We put them to bed early...Bighill was a nightmare for Wally and Nichols looked great...with a little Streve thrown in...If this club ever gets consistent and with the talent now pretty much evident....hmmmmm..I won't plan a Cup route yet but man we sure looked good last night...Now comes one of the hardest things to accomplish...finish off the other team in a back to back...Off to the coast to give Wally another sleepless night....heh heh

Wally should have retired.  I think it was more ego he came back.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wally should have retired.  I think it was more ego he came back.

I'd also say so long as he wore the GM hat he never truly retired.  Coaching upstairs while Benevides and Tedford are down there it was pretty obvious.  Lions knew they had to pull the plug on that finally to get him out of there.  Perhaps because they did that, they felt they owed him one last ride into the sunset.

he won't get an nfl shot anytime soon...especially if Nichols doesn't go down again and he remains planted as the back-up..Now if he gets a lot of playing time..and takes over for Nichols next year for whatever reason and does well...all year..he may garner interest, but even so, a barely 1 yr starter and only 2 true years of NCAA ball as a QB he best be battling for 3rd string/PR spot there...if he was to stick, and his best bet is to win starter here outright, have 2 solid years of play and then explore as a 26-27 yr old guy with experience

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

I'd also say so long as he wore the GM hat he never truly retired.  Coaching upstairs while Benevides and Tedford are down there it was pretty obvious.  Lions knew they had to pull the plug on that finally to get him out of there.  Perhaps because they did that, they felt they owed him one last ride into the sunset.

Braley lets Wally call the shots career wise. As in he has a job for life. Does anyone really think Hervey calls the shots? There is no way. 

The only way Hervey tells Wally what to do is if he fires him as in "Hit the road, Wally!" Otherwise, Hervey wants to move a player, Wally has the final say. Hervey wants to pick up a free agent, Wally has the final say. Hervey wants to bring in his own scouts, Wally has the final say.  Hervey tells Wally he wants him to play another qb, Wally says go shove it.  Hervey's not happy with the way Wally is coaching, Wally.... errr… let's not go there. LOL. The only way this is Hervey's team is when Wally does retire completely. If it's supposed to be full & final retirement but he remains a consultant next season, I think Hervey would leave. Braley has to sell that team. He is grinding it into the ground. The Argos since his ownership may never recover.