Around The NHL 2018/2019

25 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Seems like a reach. In all likelihood, Byfuglien's injury was reassessed and determined to be more serious than initially thought.

Occam's Razor really works.

Are you sure its not a cover story to keep Buff out pending a trade?  Buff to Ottawa! 😉

I had a dream last night that the Jets traded three players in a deal with the panthers

thing is, I didn't recognize the names of the players next to the jets logo (it was probably the players we got from the panthers) but no player names next...actually come to think of it the panthers logo was nowhere to be found...it could have been a player to be named later deal or something

Edited by iHeart

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Smith-Pelly, Brassard, Zuccarello... I'm not sure any of these guys crack our lineup. 

Still think Hayes may be our target. I don't think we've ever really been in on Duchene, def not in on Panarin....Stone's going to be too pricey methinks, or he'll accept mega bucks from OTT

I actually think Stone deal gets done and that Ottawa is just going thru the motions with an offer to keep the fan-base happy.

I think they move Ehlers and 1st round for Stone and sign him to five years $8 million

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Smith-Pelly, Brassard, Zuccarello... I'm not sure any of these guys crack our lineup. 

Still think Hayes may be our target. I don't think we've ever really been in on Duchene, def not in on Panarin....Stone's going to be too pricey methinks, or he'll accept mega bucks from OTT

Hayes is meh. to me. 

On the other hand it says Little not good enuf to be 2nd line center for playoffs 2 years running.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I actually think Stone deal gets done and that Ottawa is just going thru the motions with an offer to keep the fan-base happy.

I think they move Ehlers and 1st round for Stone and sign him to five years $8 million

I'm not sure Stone would agree to a 5-year deal. I think he needs 7 or 8. They're not paying 30+ year olds like they used to, so he'll want to maximize the term to guarantee income. 

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Considering who is left in Ottawa, Duc, Dzin & Stone could get big offers to stay. Take the monies.

Probably too rich for Jets' blood but they could offer him 7 years for the same over-all money perhaps.  If he wants the money, stay in Ottawa and get paid.  If you want to win, you have to let your team have room to pay others.