Around The NHL 2018/2019

Why bridge the 20 year old who has over 100 career goals. Sign him long term if you can instead of him putting up 50 plus next year and the year after. Trade? Lol only idiots want a 20 yr old traded...

His down year.. Still on pace for 40 goals. 

Id go 7 x 8. Hes a winger. Not a center. But goal scorers get paid. 

44 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Big time rumor... Seen it several places... 

Petan Stanley 1st for Duchene ( he's a rental) 

Hard to turn down.  Petan is someone that wont make this team.  Who knows about Stanley but it doesnt look great.  And a first...with the Jets near top in the league.  Thats almost not enough for a bonafide superstar that makes your team a lot better.  But he's a rental.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hard to turn down.  Petan is someone that wont make this team.  Who knows about Stanley but it doesnt look great.  And a first...with the Jets near top in the league.  Thats almost not enough for a bonafide superstar that makes your team a lot better.  But he's a rental.

Why do you say that?  I haven't seen much about him and I've only been to one Moose game this year, but he looked good and most of the info I've read has been positive.

Edited by BomberBall

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Why do you say that?  I haven't seen much about him and I've only been to one Moose game this year, but he looked good and most of the info I've read has been positive.

Yeah Ill defer to those that watch him.  He seemed to develop slower than expected initially but I was happy with him over the last season.  Probably unfair of me.  He's probably the toughest part to part with being a D man but for the return..., I'd do it.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah Ill defer to those that watch him.  He seemed to develop slower than expected initially but I was happy with him over the last season.  Probably unfair of me.  He's probably the toughest part to part with being a D man but for the return..., I'd do it.

That's what I was thinking.  I've always liked Petan, but he's just not going to crack our lineup, on a consistent basis, and a 1st round pick is the going rate, for top end rentals.  I just feel like Stanley might make something of himself...  He's only 20 years old.

We'd essentially be giving Ottawa 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, for Duchene.  That's a high price.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Petan being thrown in sounds like fan trade from our side.

No. Its legit. Ottawa wants a roster player. Petan is that guy. Petan will be included in any trade the Jets make.. If they make 1 hes involved.. If they make 2 and hes not involved in the first he WILL be in the 2nd. 

Petan is a decent player when he plays top 6 minutes but our top 9 is stacked.. Id argue our 4th is also. 

Laine Scheif Wheeler

Connor Duchene Ehlers

Perreault Little Roslo

Copp Lowry Tanev. Lemieux Appleton up top. 

That is deadly. 

As for Logan Stanley.. Sami Niku.. Dylan Samberg Jonny Kocacevic Chisholm and the other D they drafted have all shown more at a younger age. 

Stanley was a boom or bust pick for the Jets... Hes been passed on the organizational talent chart tho. So... 

Petan Joe Morrow 1st for Duchene.. You do it... Stanley Morrow.. Same thing, both 3rd pair D man

I would of liked Boyle here for our playoff( hopefully!) run...would of allowed us to move up Copp to the third and mix Perreault into our top 2 as needed...but whatever. Not sold on Duchene but trust Chevy, if he thinks its worth it..so be it.

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

I would of liked Boyle here for our playoff( hopefully!) run...would of allowed us to move up Copp to the third and mix Perreault into our top 2 as needed...but whatever. Not sold on Duchene but trust Chevy, if he thinks its worth it..so be it.

Copps near the top of my Don't be surprised if Traded list.

20 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Copps near the top of my Don't be surprised if Traded list.

You really pay zero attention dont you. Copp isnt being traded.. No current member of the active roster will be.. In what world do you give up rfa young guys who are defensive gurus for a ******* rental. Pay attention more.. Copp is one of the young leaders.