Around The NHL 2018/2019

Antoine Vermette has retired from the NHL after 14 seasons.

The 36-year-old made the announcement through the NHL Players' Association on Thursday.

Vermette scored 228 goals and registered 287 assists for 515 points in 1,046 regular-season games with the Ottawa Senators, Columbus Blue Jackets, Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes, Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think it's crazy that anyone would think the Jets would trade Roslo. Or am I crazy? I mean, they drafted him and have been grooming him, I think, expecting him to step into the 2nd line centre position in the next year or two. 

It feels very un-Jets like for them to trade him at this point. 

Stone would be awesome but at what cost? I think the team that gets him will be the one that he signs with long term. 

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure why the Jets would trade Roslo. I am going to chalk this up to general ignorance in the Toronto sports media about how Winnipeg operates and their players in general.  That being said I am surprised that Mark Wheeler and Blake Trouba aren't on the list.

Surprised Laine not on list.

Not a lot surprised but a little.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I think it's crazy that anyone would think the Jets would trade Roslo. Or am I crazy? I mean, they drafted him and have been grooming him, I think, expecting him to step into the 2nd line centre position in the next year or two. 

It feels very un-Jets like for them to trade him at this point. 

Stone would be awesome but at what cost? I think the team that gets him will be the one that he signs with long term. 

Strong rumors Stone wants to come home so... That's here. 

Why give up anything... For a guy that if you wanted... Could sign as a FA. 

Roslo is unlikely to be moved tho for rentals. Thats just dumb.