Around The NHL 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Florida has a sweet heart lease, they could care less if anyone shows up and you can tell by their attendance. NHL will keep Quebec in their hip pockets in case some owner throws the keys on table.

They do care. That's the only way they can increase their revenue. 

When the new ownership group took over, a few years ago now, they said that paid attendance was a major issue. They stated that they were eliminating the free seats that the old ownership would hand out and make people pay to see the product. They also said it would take several years before the trend would turn around. 

Icing a terrible team does not help. 

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

They do care. That's the only way they can increase their revenue. 

When the new ownership group took over, a few years ago now, they said that paid attendance was a major issue. They stated that they were eliminating the free seats that the old ownership would hand out and make people pay to see the product. They also said it would take several years before the trend would turn around. 

Icing a terrible team does not help. 

Viola and his partner have owned the Panthers since '13 the team average attendance has decreased steadily the past 4 years, more than enough time to put more people in the arena,  the Panthers are just there to fill dates in the arena that Broward County owns and in turn the county re wrote the lease and gave ownership a 86 million package.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea they're a powerhouse especially when McJesus isn't on the ice. 

They are 6-2-1 with Ken Hitchcock behind the bench and as the video shows, playing good defensive hockey. Yet everyone said it wasn't McLellans fault... well clearly it was.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They are 6-2-1 with Ken Hitchcock behind the bench and as the video shows, playing good defensive hockey. Yet everyone said it wasn't McLellans fault... well clearly it was.

I could care less about the Oilers but you're calling it after nine games? Give it time. Oilers suck. So much dead weight on this team. They are playing with danger playing McDavid so much I.e greater risk for injury.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Mcdavid played big minutes last season too. He's a freak, it doesn't bother him. Only injury he has had so far is a dirty play.

Even a freak like him can be susceptible if he's overplayed plus bigger picture they are way to reliant on him. If McDavid goes down for an extended time how confident would they be in weathering the storm? Ask any HardCore Oiler fan and you'll get your answer. Unfortunately I'm surrounded by them.

18 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I could care less about the Oilers but you're calling it after nine games? Give it time. Oilers suck. So much dead weight on this team. They are playing with danger playing McDavid so much I.e greater risk for injury.

Excellent... So you do care. That's what's important... As is grammar.