Around The NHL 2018/2019

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Buff on IR with a concussion.

It cannot be overstated how badly the NHL bungled Buff's injury.  How much more damage was done to his brain by letting him return to the game.  Absolutely ridiculous.   Any player that is hit in the head and either cannot get up or is on rubber legs, should be out of that game.  Thats a *ahem* no-brainer.

If he's out with concussions its 3 part blame. Doctors, Buff and NHL.

Doctors missed it.

Buff lied about it.

NHL for not looking at the replay and pulling him then and there.

Or maybe it was there on the hit, then gone and came back. Not know jack about CC's.

Waits for Jets to comment.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If he's out with concussions its 3 part blame. Doctors, Buff and NHL.

Doctors missed it.

Buff lied about it.

NHL for not looking at the replay and pulling him then and there.

Or maybe it was there on the hit, then gone and came back. Not know jack about CC's.

Waits for Jets to comment.

Buff could have felt fine in the moment.  Supposedly they did the impact protocol and presumably he passed.  I think it's a no brainer that if a player is knocked unconscious, he doesnt return.  And I think its a no brainer if a player takes a head shot, cant stand, is confused, rubber legged, he doesnt return regardless of how good he feels a few minutes later.

Symptoms can present themselves later.  But you're more susceptibleto further damage after the initial impact.  I wasnt watching the game so I dont know how many hits Buff delivered or received after he returned, but any minor hit could have caused further damage.

On 2018-11-30 at 9:39 AM, Goalie said:

They aren't playing well tho.. They are just playing teams who are struggling

OK well now that they're 4-1-1 under Hitchcock and just beat a Vegas team that was coming in on a 5 game win streak what's the excuse? 

Maybe, just maybe Mclellan wasn't getting much out of that team and Hitchcock is a better coach. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

OK well now that they're 4-1-1 under Hitchcock and just beat a Vegas team that was coming in on a 5 game win streak what's the excuse? 

Maybe, just maybe Mclellan wasn't getting much out of that team and Hitchcock is a better coach. 

EDM's got enuf talent they should be better then they are.

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Doesn't calgary also need a new arena as well?

Desperately.   They'll leverage the team leaving to eventually get one built.

Quebec built a fancy new arena but Bettman was careful to say it had nothing to do with the NHL.  Quebec is an easy landing spot for a relocation so the NHL likes to have it.  And I think thats their best bet to get a team.  Carolina might be the ideal scenario.  I cant recall, but I think the Panthers have some deals in place that makes them unlikely but they'd be idea (other then the NHL not wanting to leave Miami).

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Desperately.   They'll leverage the team leaving to eventually get one built.

Quebec built a fancy new arena but Bettman was careful to say it had nothing to do with the NHL.  Quebec is an easy landing spot for a relocation so the NHL likes to have it.  And I think thats their best bet to get a team.  Carolina might be the ideal scenario.  I cant recall, but I think the Panthers have some deals in place that makes them unlikely but they'd be idea (other then the NHL not wanting to leave Miami).

I'm really getting sick of Bettman's excuses, and don't the panthers play at Sunrise?