Around The NHL 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I wonder if the Jets make a run at Tanev, selling him on the chance to play playoff hockey, now that they don't have Lemieux? 

I think he and Lemieux are replaceable, high energy grinders, but he has a familiarity with the team that's harder to replace. 

but the Canucks haven't been a playoff team since , wait were they in the playoffs two years ago I can't remember, I know we weren't, all I remember is that 5 of the Canadian teams were in the playoffs and the Sens and the leafs and McDavid were among them

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I wonder if the Jets make a run at Tanev, selling him on the chance to play playoff hockey, now that they don't have Lemieux? 

I think he and Lemieux are replaceable, high energy grinders, but he has a familiarity with the team that's harder to replace. 

Seuss <> Lemieux

10 hours ago, iHeart said:

but the Canucks haven't been a playoff team since , wait were they in the playoffs two years ago I can't remember, I know we weren't, all I remember is that 5 of the Canadian teams were in the playoffs and the Sens and the leafs and McDavid were among them

My point is that the Jets can sell Tanev on the idea of competing, playoff hockey, which is something the Canucks can't do this year. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

My point is that the Jets can sell Tanev on the idea of competing, playoff hockey, which is something the Canucks can't do this year. 

And they offer chance to play with his bro.

RANT: Can't believe how many peeps on the Freep site thought the Jets were a Cup contender this year.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And they offer chance to play with his bro.

RANT: Can't believe how many peeps on the Freep site thought the Jets were a Cup contender this year.

Because they were a cup contender?  One of the favorites to win before the season started.   

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Because they were a cup contender?  One of the favorites to win before the season started.   

But not going in to the playoffs. Not after playing .500 hockey since xmas and not after giving up late goals in the 3rd repeatedly the last month.

thoughts? because it looks like the video is from Avery's instagram but I don't see anything on facebook from FotWJ about this, or Wiebe or Jeff Hamilton

FotWJ replied to me and they say there's no truth to this

Edited by iHeart

32 minutes ago, iHeart said:

thoughts? because it looks like the video is from Avery's instagram but I don't see anything on facebook from FotWJ about this, or Wiebe or Jeff Hamilton

Straight up? Never would Chevy do that deal.. you do not deal a top 2 Defensemen for a 3 line center...

53 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Hes drunk. Toronto doesn't have cap space. Moving out 4.5 million kadri for likely 6.5 plus Trouba aint happening

Besides.. Who the heck is Nazeem Kadri and Jacob Troubda.

Sean Avery? FFS.  Clown

Edited by Goalie

Could be Lowry for Kadri. I know but rumors about Lowry Scheif and ex GF seems to be strong. 

There were issues last season and strong rumors indicate more than 1... I think Chevy makes a big move... 

Trouba and Lowry to Philly for 11 Patrick and P Myers

From Aaron portzline

#NHLJets C Jack Roslovic, a Columbus native, has fired his Columbus-based agent Ken Robinson, who has represented him for more than six years. Roslovic asked Winnipeg for a trade at least once last season, sources told The Athletic, because of a lack of role/playing time. 1/2

21 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

From Aaron portzline

#NHLJets C Jack Roslovic, a Columbus native, has fired his Columbus-based agent Ken Robinson, who has represented him for more than six years. Roslovic asked Winnipeg for a trade at least once last season, sources told The Athletic, because of a lack of role/playing time. 1/2

Welcome to the big leagues Jack.

42 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

From Aaron portzline

didn't he score a hat trick during the season?

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

From Aaron portzline

Apparently fake news. Roslo former agent said he did not request a trade

FotWJ say the following UFA's have been declined contracts: Bogdan Kiselevich, Alex Broadhurst, 
Matt Hendricks and Nic Kerdiles

Lipon is here for another year

but come on, did any of us expect Hendricks to stay?

Edited by iHeart

On 2019-06-06 at 12:11 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Will see about Roslo. You know Trouba likes it here too :D

Trouba does like it here. He just wants to be paid like an elite D man which he is not... Great shutdown D man tho. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

So Jeff Skinner is getting a 72 million 8 year contract?  Isn't that a massive over pay?

It seems a little high but he is coming off a 40 goal season. I was surprised to hear that he is 13th in the NHL in goal scoring since he came into the league in 2010-11. Consistent goal scorer coming off his best year, and signing for 8 years... big money.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

It seems a little high but he is coming off a 40 goal season. I was surprised to hear that he is 13th in the NHL in goal scoring since he came into the league in 2010-11. Consistent goal scorer coming off his best year, and signing for 8 years... big money.

UFA. Goal scorers get paid