Around The NHL 2018/2019

On 2019-05-23 at 11:15 AM, Goalie said:

DJ Smith is a better coach than Roy

Well personally you could bring back Scotty Bowman to coach the Sens and it aint gonna help,see if DJ can last long enough till some of their young players can grow and they finally add to that team instead of subtract.

The Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms with forward Andrei Chibisov on a one-year deal on Saturday.

The entry-level contract carries an average annual value of US$925,000.

Chibisov, 26, just completed his fifth season in the KHL in Russia and his first full campaign with Metallurg Magnitogorsk, where he recorded 20 points (seven goals, 13 assists) and 25 penalty minutes in 50 games.

He has played in 220 KHL games and recorded 66 points (26 goals, 40 assists) for three different clubs. Chibisov has added three assists in 22 career playoff games.

The Jets have traded Hayes to the Philadelphia Flyers for their 5th round pick in this years draft.

I'm disappointed they couldn't work something out with Hayes. I thought he was a good fit and his price tag may work in the Jets pay structure. 

I'm not sure how we fill the 2nd line centre role now? It's fine to plug players in late in the season but we need a 2C. Roslo may be the future but he's not going to get that spot in 2019/20, I don't believe, which leaves Little. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Jets have traded Hayes to the Philadelphia Flyers for their 5th round pick in this years draft.

I'm disappointed they couldn't work something out with Hayes. I thought he was a good fit and his price tag may work in the Jets pay structure. 

I'm not sure how we fill the 2nd line centre role now? It's fine to plug players in late in the season but we need a 2C. Roslo may be the future but he's not going to get that spot in 2019/20, I don't believe, which leaves Little. 

Ship. im surprised they got anything for a UFA. Major win!

Next deadline they'll be looking for another 2nd line center 🙄

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ship. im surprised they got anything for a UFA.

Flyers must think they're close on a deal. Jets would have allowed a small window to the Flyers to see if they were close. 

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ship. im surprised they got anything for a UFA. Major win!

Next deadline they'll be looking for another 2nd line center 🙄

I'm sure they'll get a 2C in the Trouba trade. 😐

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I did hear something on twitter about the Canucks possibly going for Myers

That would be an excellent move for them. He's got experience, won't rock the boat and can play big minutes. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And Tanev!?!?

Well I suspect Tanev going there.

Trouba def worth a high 1st rounder to Detroit.

man i was hoping we could have gotten Tanev's bro in this but even I don't think that would be well plausible or something or other

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And Tanev!?!?

Well I suspect Tanev going there.

Trouba def worth a high 1st rounder to Detroit.

I wonder if the Jets make a run at Tanev, selling him on the chance to play playoff hockey, now that they don't have Lemieux? 

I think he and Lemieux are replaceable, high energy grinders, but he has a familiarity with the team that's harder to replace.