Around The NHL 2018/2019

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Because, as of July 1st, he can be extended. There will be tons of talk about his value and locking him up longterm. Especially after Trouba is dealt. 

Trouba goes. 

Connor worries me cuz away from 55 and 26 hes not great and even with them for most the year.. Hes somewhat overrated. Still young but certainly not 20 years old like.. 

Laine.. Why do u bridge him? That's dumb.. Hes 20. Hes scored 30 again. 60 points roughly is a bad year? Becoming a more rounded player better in the D zone and using his body is a bad year? Ppl **** on Laine because their expectations for a 20 yr old are ridiculous. 

Connor was a Moose. Or in College at. 20. Scheifs 1st full year at 20. 

The expectations for a 20 yr old is just so mind boggling. Ppl love 23 yr old Connor playing 75 percent of the season with the guys with the most minutes by far... Getting 8 9 more points than the 20 yr old playing 15 minutes a night? WTF. 

I bridge Connor cuz hes close to the finished product... I long term Laine cuz hes 20 ffs and in 3 years will be better than Connor at the same age Connor is now. Late bday, hes 3 years older than Laine. 

Trouba goes for sure.. Detroit finishing 6th at the draft lottery is interesting.. Perhaps Jets like a D or Center at 6 and can move Jake home. Detroit likely adds tho. Maybe Hronek or Cholowski even. Dunno. But ya hes gone and not worth 8 million. 

I don't sign 8 yrs if im Trouba cuz then when this contract is done im 2 old to get another big money deal. I sign 6 yrs max... Then when UFA for real... I can sign another 5 plus yr deal and make the most money i can. But its likely hes gone altho Maurice keeping him on PP1 over Buff is intetesting in a few ways. 

Yesterday...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/philadelphia-flyers-hire-alain-vigneault-21st-head-coach-team-history

Today...

LA Kings have agreed to terms with new head coach Todd McClellan on a multi-year contract.

Running out of big-name coaches to replace Maurice with.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yesterday...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/philadelphia-flyers-hire-alain-vigneault-21st-head-coach-team-history

Today...

LA Kings have agreed to terms with new head coach Todd McClellan on a multi-year contract.

Running out of big-name coaches to replace Maurice with.

Back in the day wasn't it an unwritten rule not to announce non-playoff things during the playoffs?

50 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Back in the day wasn't it an unwritten rule not to announce non-playoff things during the playoffs?

Not early on. You can't do it during the Stanley Cup Finals but earlier rounds have been fine.

It's too hard to keep a "secret" for the six months that the playoffs are on. 

It almost doesn't even deserve acknowledging, but, re: Toews 4 Laine: I'm just about the biggest Jon Toews fan there is, and I'm probably the least enamoured with Laine of any Jets fan, and I still think that'd be a massively bad trade for the Jets. If it's Laine now for JT circa 2009, then okay fine. But Toews's best days are behind him, sadly, and Laine's still in his pro hockey infancy. Bad, bad trade just for the sake of "Winnipeg guy goes home"...

Balance has been restored. The Leafs are out yet again. All hail the hockey Gods. 

Got the below JD B tweet from an Oiler fan friend and thought it was shade funny:

How long before Matthews asks for a trade? Leafs can’t win a playoff series, haven’t won a cup for 50+ years. Time to blow up the team and rebuild. Am I doing this right Leafs fans? This is the exact **** ya’ll say about McDavid. Sounds ridiculous now doesn’t it?

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Balance has been restored. The Leafs are out yet again. All hail the hockey Gods. 

Got the below JD B tweet from an Oiler fan friend and thought it was shade funny:

How long before Matthews asks for a trade? Leafs can’t win a playoff series, haven’t won a cup for 50+ years. Time to blow up the team and rebuild. Am I doing this right Leafs fans? This is the exact **** ya’ll say about McDavid. Sounds ridiculous now doesn’t it?

Boston is the Leaf's 1990s Edmonton Oilers...  Jets had such a good team that just couldn't solve the Oil....