Around The NHL 2018/2019

10 hours ago, iHeart said:

So, I'm asking just for the hell of it, who is going to be this year's hot ticket UFA that sportsnet and TSN will talk about relentlessly on july 1st? oh wait I just remembered don't the kraken's start this year? 

Everyone that was talked about leading up to the trade deadline and Erik Karlsson. 

Panarin, Bobrovsky, Duchene, etc.  

Stone extended, so not him. 

Around here, all the talk will be Trouba, Morrissey and Laine. 

5 hours ago, JCon said:

Everyone that was talked about leading up to the trade deadline and Erik Karlsson. 

Do we get one more year of Trouba as an RFA/arbitration one year deal signing? I thought so.

The big talk this year might be the RFA offer sheet, which disappeared a few years ago with the Brian Burke/Kevin Lowe spat. Before Austin Matthews and Nylander signed big deals, they were rumoured to be getting big offer sheets, so Mitch Marner is now in that boat, and with Trouba, Connor and Laine all RFA's they might be the hot targets for an offer sheet.

Open question - if anyor all of the following offer sheets are thrown out, do we match? If not, what is the threshold we do match at?

Trouba - 7 years, 8 million per year 

Connor - 7 years, 7 million per year

Laine - 7 years, 8.75 million per year

The salary numbers are my best guess at what an "inflated but not ridiculous" offer for each would be.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Do we get one more year of Trouba as an RFA/arbitration one year deal signing? I thought so.

The big talk this year might be the RFA offer sheet, which disappeared a few years ago with the Brian Burke/Kevin Lowe spat. Before Austin Matthews and Nylander signed big deals, they were rumoured to be getting big offer sheets, so Mitch Marner is now in that boat, and with Trouba, Connor and Laine all RFA's they might be the hot targets for an offer sheet.

Open question - if anyor all of the following offer sheets are thrown out, do we match? If not, what is the threshold we do match at?

Trouba - 7 years, 8 million per year 

Connor - 7 years, 7 million per year

Laine - 7 years, 8.75 million per year

The salary numbers are my best guess at what an "inflated but not ridiculous" offer for each would be.

Trouba. That would be great as it locks him here when he don't want to be here.

Connor - Yes, Hell yes

Laine - Not sure who would throw offer sheet at him after this year.

On 2019-04-07 at 7:48 AM, JCon said:

Why Josh? He has a year left. Connor Laine Trouba. 

Guaranteed RFA Myers gets major hype. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why Josh? He has a year left. Connor Laine Trouba. 

Because, as of July 1st, he can be extended. There will be tons of talk about his value and locking him up longterm. Especially after Trouba is dealt.