Around The NHL 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Good idea....all proceeds to charity, and much easier to regulate how many people will be there.

Why not use the money to offset the cities cost for security?

Also is EDW/TN gonna use this as a tax deduction? It will be/up to a  $75k donation to charity ;)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I think he'll retire. He's old and beat up. His contract was front loaded, so he's not making as much anymore, and the Canucks get stuck with a worse cap hit than the Panthers do if that happens.

so who would be hanging his number the panthers or the 'nucks?

Make no mistake, the only reason for the ticket pricing is so that they have exact numbers. I saw a great tweet today that said "ever try to plan a party where you had no idea how many people were coming??" and that's exactly it... 

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Maple Leafs made a surprise announcement on Friday morning, recalling goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the American Hockey League’s Toronto Marlies.

That's their 4th and final call-up from the AHL. They can't call anyone else up for the playoffs now. They're running with 3 goalies. 

20 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Maple Leafs made a surprise announcement on Friday morning, recalling goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the American Hockey League’s Toronto Marlies.

Their backup is Comrie bad so not that surprising

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Making his NHL debut, Montreal Canadiens forward Ryan Poehling scored a hat trick in regulation before adding the winner in the shootout as the Canadiens beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 6-5 in their final regular season game of the season.

That was awesome.

So, I'm asking just for the hell of it, who is going to be this year's hot ticket UFA that sportsnet and TSN will talk about relentlessly on july 1st? oh wait I just remembered don't the kraken's start this year? 

Edited by iHeart