Around The NHL 2018/2019

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No surprise today, tomorrow, next year or 100 years from now. Although a 100 years from now it might be really nice in winter.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

I remember interviewing Mike Vernon for a university HR project I was working on and I asked him what city was the worst to be in on the road, and he said "Winnipeg.  Nothing else comes close".  Good to see nothing has changed.

45 minutes ago, JCon said:

I am so thankful this game on the Isle is finally here, so I can stop seeing all the "national" Leafs media fawning over Tavares and scolding the Isle fans for their disappointment in him. 

Seriously, it's disgusting. 

I am surprised that they have not put 2 teams in Toronto yet...think of it TWO TORONTO teams! TSN could then just broadcast those games and not have to worry about the rest of the league!🏒

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wait TSN cares about the other 30 teams now?

Oh, goodness, no. They get coverage when they play the almighty Leafs. Mostly questions about how great they think the Leafs are. 

I have finally rid my Twitter timeline of all the "national" hockey journalists, with the exception of Elliot Friedman.

My fault for keeping them so long but my feed will be so much better. 

Started with Mirtle a month or so ago. But, he's really just a Leaf booster and doesn't pretend to be a national reporter. 

8 minutes ago, iHeart said:

you know you're in deep if Sean Avery has to lecture you

https://www.bardown.com/sean-avery-ripped-apart-islanders-fans-for-how-they-treated-tavares-in-his-return-in-nsfw-rant-1.1266198?fbclid=IwAR3CzVAjlpBW7MyXNwNehJpFOu9rwj0-7eOzo2fY-J46hm4CHPDfKm54SI0

I mean have Jets fans treated former Jets players better back in the 1.0 era?

Avery spent a career hurting other players.

Of course, the Toronto Sports Network needs to go out of it's way to soothe the poor feelings of Tavares. 

And the Toronto media were scolding fans. 

Sean Avery needs to shut his mouth and go back to being the irrelevant sack of rat droppings he is.

And the assbleed from The Big Smoke is pretty rich. For a fanbase that loves to adulate its team's otherwise long-forgotten past, their short-term memory sure sucks. Weren't these the same fans a few years bullying Reimer's wife on Twitter? Weren't these the same fans throwing jerseys on the ice at ACC? Were these not the same fans booing their own player last year?

Hypocrisy sure is a stinky cologne. And L'Eau de Biased Blue Foliage is really selling well at the moment.

I can't help but wonder how they'll react should this same scenario take place in Toronto in about five years.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Sean Avery needs to shut his mouth and go back to being the irrelevant sack of rat droppings he is.

And the assbleed from The Big Smoke is pretty rich. For a fanbase that loves to adulate its team's otherwise long-forgotten past, their short-term memory sure sucks. Weren't these the same fans a few years bullying Reimer's wife on Twitter? Weren't these the same fans throwing jerseys on the ice at ACC? Were these not the same fans booing their own player last year?

Hypocrisy sure is a stinky cologne. And L'Eau de Biased Blue Foliage is really selling well at the moment.

I can't help but wonder how they'll react should this same scenario take place in Toronto in about five years.

I saw a Leafs fan saying how great they treated their former players because they cheered a 37-year old Mats Sundin when he returned. I pointed to how the fans treated Vince Carter because that was the first thing that came to my mind. Not good enough for this individual. "Leaf fans are not Raps fans"

So, I replied that Leafs fans watch from home because ACC (I know it's not called this anymore) is filled with Suits and those Suits don't know any of the players, anyhow. 

And, yes, the Leafs fans booed Jake Gardiner this season!!