Around The NHL 2018/2019

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

smells like a leak from a rival team.  

But this guy's borderline brain damaged for tweeting it.  

Imagine the poop storm if this was Matthews or McDavid?  

The replies are awesome. Although, some idiots predict Stone for Laine. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

good take.  Feels like a tad of an overpay to me, but c'est la vie.... it's deadline day, to be expected.

We can forget about Stone now.....

The conditional pick is a 4th round if we win the cup so thats an easy throw in.

1st round pick means we're out of the Stone sweepstakes and its a lot...or is it?  Would hopefully be a low first rounder assuming Jets have success in the playoffs.

Lemiuex, I like, but first guy they pulled when Ehlers came back and to me, we have depth in that 4th line/Moose role.  He can be replaced.

Interesting that both he and Armia, pieces of the Kane trade, are now gone.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see the Jets going in on Stone at this point... It doesn't mean they won't go after him in the off season though. 

Yeah very true.  I'd assume they'd at least have a conversation but they'll be competing with every other team that can afford him (which the Jets really can't).  

If Hayes does well, I can see Jets wanting to lock him up.  Fill a big hole for years to come.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Hayes for a 1st and Lemieux, plus conditional.

Probably fair. We have our 2C now.

Hayes I not know unlike the OTT guys who have been kicking our azz the last couple weeks so I dunno about this. What I do know is our chances to win cup this year are less then last year IMHO.

Two years in a row now our 2nd line center whose getting 5m/yr is not good enuf by Chevy standards but then you signed him to that extension Chevy.

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Stone to Boston, Stone to Boston!

Make no moves, Preds, VGK and CGY, make no moves! 

No confirmation yet.  Thought Cowtown would be in on Stoney.

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The conditional pick is a 4th round if we win the cup so thats an easy throw in.

1st round pick means we're out of the Stone sweepstakes and its a lot...or is it?  Would hopefully be a low first rounder assuming Jets have success in the playoffs.

Lemiuex, I like, but first guy they pulled when Ehlers came back and to me, we have depth in that 4th line/Moose role.  He can be replaced.

Interesting that both he and Armia, pieces of the Kane trade, are now gone.

Can always sign Stone in off season. Liked Lemieux but it is what it is.

Day not over yet, there is still Myers to be traded.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Hayes I not know unlike the OTT guys who have been kicking our azz the last couple weeks so I dunno about this. What I do know is our chances to win cup this year are less then last year IMHO.

Two years in a row now our 2nd line center whose getting 5m/yr is not good enuf by Chevy standards but then you signed him to that extension Chevy.

No confirmation yet.  Thought Cowtown would be in on Stoney.

Can always sign Stone in off season. Liked Lemieux but it is what it is.

Day not over yet, there is still Myers to be traded.

I'm not sure the our chances are less than last year. The West is weaker this year. 

I think the issue is with finding someone for Laine. Little has been very good this year. 

Calgary confirmed they were out earlier. Price too high for them. 

We're not signing Stone because we won't have the big bucks available. Unless they can a hometown discount and that's not happening. 

I'm not sure why we would move an experienced defender that can play big minutes??