Around The NHL 2018/2019

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Outside of Myers not sure if we should make trade now. We're pretenders not contenders.

The issue for me is why the Jets would go after a winger and not another centre. If the Preds and the Jets are trying to get Duchene, the losing team would logically target another centre, not a winger. The tweet just doesn't make sense.

I agree on the pretenders part... Lately, the Jets are playing like they're not only allergic to winning, but allergic to their brand of hockey. It's beyond frustrating.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Trade whoever fkd up the dressing room.  I blame Trouba.  Just because.

I think in part its believing their press briefings a bit too much. Get back to constantly feeling they have to prove themselves mentality. Mark Scheifele alluded to this before this recent tailspin, i.e., can't call us contenders just yet. Teams aren't laying down and playing dead for us. 

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The issue for me is why the Jets would go after a winger and not another centre. If the Preds and the Jets are trying to get Duchene, the losing team would logically target another centre, not a winger. The tweet just doesn't make sense.

I agree on the pretenders part... Lately, the Jets are playing like they're not only allergic to winning, but allergic to their brand of hockey. It's beyond frustrating.

Stone is a winger tho and we are interested in him apparently so why wouldnt we. Chevy prob pulls the wool over everyones eyes and gets Eric Staal from Minnesota. But yeah no way you move Roslo for a rental in Panarin. Jets arent interested in Duchenne apparently likelu cuz hes a Duch... Hes been linked to Nash Vegas and Columbus. We apparently interested in Stone and someone else cuz we've been scouting the rangers a wee bit also. Hayes? Zucc? Zibanejad? Dunno. 

Chevy seems to be a pull a trade for someone nobodies talking about guy. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Stone is a winger tho and we are interested in him apparently so why wouldnt we. Chevy prob pulls the wool over everyones eyes and gets Eric Staal from Minnesota. But yeah no way you move Roslo for a rental in Panarin. Jets arent interested in Duchenne apparently likelu cuz hes a Duch... Hes been linked to Nash Vegas and Columbus. We apparently interested in Stone and someone else cuz we've been scouting the rangers a wee bit also. Hayes? Zucc? Zibanejad? Dunno. 

Chevy seems to be a pull a trade for someone nobodies talking about guy. 

That's a separate topic, though. Stone is also a hometown player, while Panarin has stated he wants to play where it's warm and sunny. I just can't see the latter being on Cheveldayoff's radar, much less by having to move a young, versatile player like Roslovic for a UFA who wouldn't re-sign here. Frankly, that tweet I posted from Portzline came across as homerish drivel.

And really, we as fans have basically no idea in whom the GM is interested. All indications are the Jets need a centre, anyway. A top 6 winger would be a nice addition but more of a luxury compared to a centre.

I have no idea what Cheveldayoff does prior to the deadline. It's so frustratingly difficult to get a read on him. That being said, I expect something good to happen.

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Jets have been linked to Hayes before.  

I don't see the Jets making a huge splash outside of Stone.   They really don't need the talent...  maybe Chevy does a swerve and fires Maurice and picks up Quenneville!

Think Maurice gets this season to turn it around.. A quick exit or missing all together would get him likely fired tho. 

Trade Deadline Mailbag: Projecting how many first-round picks get dealt, Nyquist’s value, Rangers’ options and more.

By Craig Custance 1h ago

Interest in Mike Hoffman has picked up as teams look for alternatives because of the high prices elsewhere. An NHL source confirmed colleague Pierre LeBrun’s report on Thursday that Hoffman has been asked to submit his 10-team no-trade list. In terms of rentals, I’d expect Derick Brassard to be moved and the lack of defensemen on the market could help create demand for Bogdan Kiselevich. The Jets could use another defenseman and were aggressive in their pursuit of Kiselevich as a free agent.