Around The NHL 2018/2019

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Some players. Bottom line there are problems with the Jets right now. Chevy is in the room and knows what they are. 

okay who could we afford to lose then? am I the only one thinking Lowry is one of them? oh wait we still have Dano on the moose right?

39 minutes ago, iHeart said:

okay who could we afford to lose then? am I the only one thinking Lowry is one of them? oh wait we still have Dano on the moose right?

They love the big center so Lowry is a keeper. There's only a couple in the minors they care about I think. Berdin...CJ Seuss...Poolman...

Petan, Dano, Comrie easily thrown into any trade.

Myers still not signed 🤔

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They love the big center so Lowry is a keeper. There's only a couple in the minors they care about I think. Berdin...CJ Seuss...Poolman...

Petan, Dano, Comrie easily thrown into any trade.

Myers still not signed 🤔

oh but didn't he re-sign two years ago or was that just a two year contract?

Lots of intrigue with Chapman involved in the talks. 

Maybe just because he likes to be on big talks. But I’d think it’s talking about a potential sign and trade for stone which means moving someone significant out and you need chipman to sign off on something that fans might not like 

I think its quite obvious something is off with the team, im not in the room so i can't say but I'm wondering if theres a couple of guys who dont wanna be here and its causing problems internally. 

I dunno. I trust Chevy and Chipper to make the moves neccesary to switch things up. 

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think its quite obvious something is off with the team, im not in the room so i can't say but I'm wondering if theres a couple of guys who dont wanna be here and its causing problems internally. 

I dunno. I trust Chevy and Chipper to make the moves neccesary to switch things up. 

I believe the team got tired last year. They beat a tired Preds team and lost to a less tired LVK team.

I believe they're simply waiting until it truly matters. They're getting points and setting up for the playoffs. I don't necessarily agree with the strategy but I think that's what they're doing. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I believe the team got tired last year. They beat a tired Preds team and lost to a less tired LVK team.

I believe they're simply waiting until it truly matters. They're getting points and setting up for the playoffs. I don't necessarily agree with the strategy but I think that's what they're doing. 

I hope you're right. It's not unusual for great teams especially those that have won the cup to turn it up late in the season.

Maybe we'll give up less then 40 shots per game on a consistent basis :P

I dont think you can just turn it off and on at will. There are bad habits with 55 26 and others that you can't just correct when you feel like it. 

This team is struggling.. My best guess is internal issues, but i dunno. I dont think you can coast and play crappy team D then all of a sudden turn it on and not coast or play crap D.  Hockey dont work like that. Its a game of habits.. A few of the Jets leaders have developed some piss poor ones. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Does not compute. If so, ship them somewhere 'nice'.

I don't think anyone on the team doesn't want to be here,   I think this is much more guys dogging it and not putting in a complete effort.   Also a bit short on talent on defense where guys like Myers, Kulikov, Morrow seemed to have dropped off quite a bit since last year. 

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think anyone on the team doesn't want to be here,   I think this is much more guys dogging it and not putting in a complete effort.   Also a bit short on talent on defense where guys like Myers, Kulikov, Morrow seemed to have dropped off quite a bit since last year. 

I actually think Myers has been pretty strong lately.  He had a terrible start to the season, but has been solid for a while now.

I'm not so sure it's a lack of or a drop-off in talent. Injuries to a minute-eater like Byfuglien have helped nothing, but I'd say the issue is the inattentiveness by the forward lines when it comes to defending in their own zone, making the job for the blue line much more difficult. The Jets' defensive zone play is significantly worse than last season, particularly by the top two lines. That needs to improve more than anything else, IMO.

Edited by blue_gold_84

I think teams have figured out how to defend the Jets. They are getting significantly fewer scoring opportunities this year. I agree losing Buff is big but Ehlers has hurt big time too. Big loss of speed and ability to stretch the other team's D. I am hopeful that Nikolaj coming back is the catalyst that gets this team back on track. 

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think teams have figured out how to defend the Jets. They are getting significantly fewer scoring opportunities this year. I agree losing Buff is big but Ehlers has hurt big time too. Big loss of speed and ability to stretch the other team's D. I am hopeful that Nikolaj coming back is the catalyst that gets this team back on track. 

Last year i would have said the Jets were the 2nd fastest team in the NHL. Not this year.