Around The NHL 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Surprising to me... tbh.  Still think he's too pricey for us, but hey... I trust Chevy so... 

If they could lock him up long term, that would make it worth it. Short term, could be too pricey. 

But, man-on-man, it would be great to get a two-way forward, leader like him. He would fit like a glove on this team. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

If they could lock him up long term, that would make it worth it. Short term, could be too pricey. 

But, man-on-man, it would be great to get a two-way forward, leader like him. He would fit like a glove on this team. 

If Stone comes here he's 2nd line RW.

I'm looking for the negative atm and not finding any.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Silly Jets gonna trade for Stone and Hayes. 

Sens and Rags with 3 scouts tonight each including Ottawas GM and Asst 

Roslovic, Comrie 1st for Stone (signs long-term ) 

Petan,Stanley 2019 2nd for Hayes (rental) 

Not sure what the market will be this year, but that's a lot to give up.  Stone signing a long term deal, softens the blow, but I really don't like losing Roslovic.

5 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Not sure what the market will be this year, but that's a lot to give up.  Stone signing a long term deal, softens the blow, but I really don't like losing Roslovic.

Why? He has 2 5 on 5 points since Jan 1st and replacing him with Stone is huge for us. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why? He has 2 5 on 5 points since Jan 1st and replacing him with Stone is huge for us. 

Why?

What I heard was, yes you have to give up something to get something but if we don't sign Stone after this season, to give up Roslo with the way he is trending up could potentially put us in a worse position than we were before we dealt for Stone moving into to the 2019/2020 season.

We gave up 2 picks and Erik Foley for Stastny.  Ideally imho we don't take anyone out of our starting lineup to acquire a rental.  

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Why?

What I heard was, yes you have to give up something to get something but if we don't sign Stone after this season, to give up Roslo with the way he is trending up could potentially put us in a worse position than we were before we dealt for Stone moving into to the 2019/2020 season.

We gave up 2 picks and Erik Foley for Stastny.  Ideally imho we don't take anyone out of our starting lineup to acquire a rental.  

Just 1 pick given away.  Blues signed Foley. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Jets and Sens talking for sure. Be crazy to get stone and duchene. 

What would you give for both in package? 

Rental package. Rental plus re-signing Stone. Rental plus re-signing Duchene. Rental plus re-signing both. 

Go.... 

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

What would you give for both in package? 

Rental package. Rental plus re-signing Stone. Rental plus re-signing Duchene. Rental plus re-signing both. 

Go.... 

Rental Stone.. Petan Stanley 1st. 

Rental Duchene.. Petan Stanley 1st 

Sign Stone.. Roslo Petan Stanley 1st 

Sign Duch only.. Roslo Petan Stanley 1st 

For both? Rental? Petan Stanley 1st Perreault 

Sign both. See above but add Roslovic

Stone is a better winger than Roslo likely ever will be.. Responsible 2 way guy. 

Duch is a better center so Roslo goes if the plan is 2 sign 1 or both.. Perreault goes for cap purposes. 

Offseason.. U move Trouba and Connor

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Rental Stone.. Petan Stanley 1st. 

Rental Duchene.. Petan Stanley 1st 

Sign Stone.. Roslo Petan Stanley 1st 

Sign Duch only.. Roslo Petan Stanley 1st 

For both? Rental? Petan Stanley 1st Perreault 

Sign both. See above but add Roslovic

Stone is a better winger than Roslo likely ever will be.. Responsible 2 way guy. 

Duch is a better center so Roslo goes if the plan is 2 sign 1 or both.. Perreault goes for cap purposes. 

Offseason.. U move Trouba and Connor

Unless Perreault's NMTC includes OTT. Probably not but something to consider.

With it being another weak draft year does OTT really want a late round first or1 to 2 guys good to go now?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Unless Perreault's MNTC includes OTT. Probably not but something to consider.

With it being another weak draft year does OTT really want a high round first or1/2 guys good to go now?

Lol at MNTC. 

Perreault is gone this summer regardless. Hes a cap casualty.