Around The NHL 2018/2019

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I'm thinking they only move him if they have Panarin and/or goalie Bob coming in. 

26 yrs old, pretty decent contract at $6.2M/year.  Of note, he has a NMC that kicks in next season

Jets have been scouting the Panthers a lot I think...

Huberdeau would be an amazing addition to this team - he's a pure playmaker

I'd offer up Ehlers and Petan for Huberdeau - I think Florida would take that

With the emergence of Connor, Roslo and Appleton/Lemieux, I don't see a space/need for Ehlers

Trouba Petan Stanley 1st for Ekblad Huberdeau. 

Florida gets cap space for bob and panarin and that's what they want.. Cap space.. They wouldnt take 6 million a year ehlers over 5.6 Huberdeau when they want to clear cap. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Florida gets cap space for bob and panarin

Laugh at trading Ehlers and then suggest a gong show fantasy trade.... ha good one.

Sure he's a 'zone entry machine' but no one knows what he's going to do next - there's really no one that has chemistry with him

Huberdeau is better than Ehlers, on the same 'value contract' and would actually click with Little and Laine.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Florida gets cap space for bob and panarin and that's what they want.. Cap space.. They wouldnt take 6 million a year ehlers over 5.6 Huberdeau when they want to clear cap. 

I'm not sure why Florida would let Ekblad go. Perennial all-star on a $7.5M AAV agreement until 2024-25 for Trouba, one year of  RFA left, who probably wants more AAV. 

Not sure Id want to give up Ehlers for Hub.  But I like Hub...he seems to be a perennial sleeper pick in the pools I do and always does well for me.

The talk of Ehlers not knowing what he'll do, reminds me of Zhamnov.  Amazing talent and I recall Selanne saying he was hard to play with because he was so unpredictable.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure Id want to give up Ehlers for Hub.  But I like Hub...he seems to be a perennial sleeper pick in the pools I do and always does well for me.

The talk of Ehlers not knowing what he'll do, reminds me of Zhamnov.  Amazing talent and I recall Selanne saying he was hard to play with because he was so unpredictable.

I do like Ehlers... just not enough.

We're getting loaded on the left-side, he doesn't really work on the ESW line and he's not a playmaker for Laine/Little... and he's not on our #1 PP unit...

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

We're getting loaded on the left-side, he doesn't really work on the ESW line and he's not a playmaker for Laine/Little... and he's not on our #1 PP unit...

Nope actually Ehlers and Laine do play well together its Little that is not a good fit...we need a center with speed for Laine to give him more room to hide and set up.  Right now they just key on Laine...

The Jets best line the past 2 years.. 

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler

And No its not cuz of 55 and 26 cuz 81 55 26 is crap compared to 27 55 26. 

27 makes 55 and 26 better. 

This is 100 fact based on every number and stat available. 

Ehlers is severly underrated and makes everyone he plays with better. Maybe ppl forget cuz hes been out for so long but dudes a forechecking zone entry machine. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

Wrong. 55 and 26 are better with 27 than everyone else on the roster

He is an elite star on a great contract... Connor isnt as good as Ehlers. Its just fact. Recency bias is showing.. But the numbers dont lie. 

ESW CLE were killing it earlier. 27 got hurt and the Jets got worse. 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

Nope actually Ehlers and Laine do play well together its Little that is not a good fit...we need a center with speed for Laine to give him more room to hide and set up.  Right now they just key on Laine...

They brought in Stastny and Nik scored once more for the rest of the year.

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Just ignore it...  Wheeler and Scheif 'suck' even though they're on pace for like 90 points each

Connor is a loser who will score 30 goals and 30 assists

That would require ignoring all the numbers, the metrics Maurice talks of in press conferences like zone entry o zone time etc. Why bother tho.. You are just convinced eventho every number suggests Ehlers makes every line he is on better. 

Florida still wants cap space btw.. They aint taking a 6 million player for 1 making less.